Thursday, September 23, 2010

Welcome Fall 2010

Today is the first day of Fall!  So, let's look forward to sunny days and crisp cool evenings, carving pumpkins and falling leaves.  Do you remember this cozy image from Grace Bonney's apartment, featured in the Premiere Issue of Lonny Magazine?  It just feels like "Fall" to me: I love the punch of red, the warm chocolately plaid, and the classic mid-century modern chair...



It inspired me to design an equally cozy (virtual) living room...  incorporating the preppy plaid, warm woods, mid-century modern pieces, and a punch of red! 

 (confession: this has now become our inspiration board for a future library)

What were my resources? I'm glad you asked:




I'm ready to curl up with a good book (I just starting reading this one!) and drink warm tea. 
Welcome Fall 2010!

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Design Blooms said...

Oh if we could just get over this warm weather-I would be so excited about fall-good pics!

K said...

Another great post! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

These room selections scream fall to me. I absolutely love them!

Shannon said...

Ooooh I just finished that book! I won't say anything (no spoilers from me)...

I am having a little giveaway today (my first) from CSNStores.com

Stop by and enter if you have the time!

Gretchen O. said...

Your design board for the library would be so pretty (and masculine at the same time!) Hard to feel fall here when it is 95 degrees outside! --Gretchen O.

Mimi said...

wow - your inspiration board has my couch, coffee table, and rug. thanks for the vote of confidence in my own design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...