Thursday, February 20, 2014

On My Radar: Bold Solid Drapery


 

Bright bold solid drapery is totally on my radar these days.  I especially love it in a semi-neutral very traditional space, where the strong saturated color almost feels mismatched with it's surroundings.  As in, "Oh my! Are those PINK drapes?!!"  :)   That jolt of unexpected color brings so much drama!  And, I kind of love the tension that comes with it (especially in traditional interiors).  This image above from Mary McDonald is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE.  I mean, how gorgeous is that home?  The coral hue of the drapery is just spellbinding, isn't it?  Ugh, so good. 

Here are a few more images that I'm pinning for future projects.  Such great inspiration.  I'm especially drawn to the Kelly greens, coral pinks, and sunny yellows. 
 



 



 Kay Douglass






Stephen Siss


 



Ruthie Sommers


Angie Hranowsky




...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Studio Yuko Jones said...

I love, love, LOVE the first image! So unexpected in such a traditional space. This makes me want to have a coral drapery in my house...

Jon Snow said...

Both the yellow and green one look very appealing to the eyes. It somehow gives off a very vibrant feeling, which is perfect for your living set area. For your room, I hope you consider getting a dark red/brown mixture to set a warm and cozy mood. Good day, Kelly!

Jon Snow

Red River Interiors,LLC said...

Love the pink drapes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...