Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cocktail Couture


Remember Kevin Sharkey's beyond fabulous dining room?  I am totally in love with everything (the chrome chairs upholstered in silk velvet! the framed Chinoiserie panels! those chandeliers!), and now I want monogrammed cocktail napkins.  Just like Kevin's...


They are so classic and preppy.  I can't get over that fabulous monogram...


I was talking to my friend, Brooke (who is incredibly chic, and she always has the right handbag for the right occasion), and I mentioned these cocktail napkins... and how much I loved them.  She agreed that they are completely fantastic and that she loved them too, but mentioned the need to shield them from any potential staining.  We wouldn't want to ruin them with red wine after all that, right?  I mean, we can't bleach them, that would ruin the monogram.  So, I said, "I guess we just need to be so wealthy that we have dozens of these stacked in our china cabinets, so if one is stained we just flippantly throw it out and quickly replace it."  And Brooke replied, "Then, why don't we just give our guests 100 dollar bills to use as coasters?"  Ok, fine.  She's right.

So, here are some great (easily affordable) monogrammed cocktail napkins that we can actually use... even if you're drinking red wine.









(she also sells sets in other colors!)


Or, try these geometric cocktail napkins (sans monogram) from Trina Turk!



Happy Wednesday, everyone.

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Maggie Rose said...

I wanted some like these sooo bad a few years ago and couldn't find anything affordable anywhere! Good to see there are so many great options now :) I'm a little obsessed with monograms (my boyfriend claims that if he didn't keep me in check, the whole apartment would be monogrammed - he's probably right!). Never considered the bleach issue though, kind of a bummer, but good to remember!

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I need some too. I love all of his entertaining goodies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...