Friday, November 13, 2009

Thanksgiving Centerpieces!



Let's talk Thanksgiving tablescapes!  While I am not hosting Thanksgiving this year, I am still completely inspired by a beautifully set dining table.  I can remember my mom setting our dining table for special occassions and she would set everything up a couple of days beforehand.  She brought out the china, silver, and crystal... placed an empty vase in the center of the table, which would be filled with fresh flowers the day before the big dinner...  It's fun to sit down to such a festive table.  And, setting it can be easy.  Here's some inpiration!

These tablescapes are some of my all time favorites and would work all year round:








  

But, for a more Thanksgiving themed dinner table, I went directly to Martha for some good ideas...

Use pumpkins and gourds as centerpieces.  I used this simple technique for my fall-themed dinner party in October of this year.







Or, use fresh fruit in your centerpiece.  Pick up a few bags at the grocery store, and fill a large beautiful bowl-- maybe a glass bowl, a large wooden bowl, or a vintage silver bowl!  Martha used pears here, and then she created a tablescape with grapes.  You could also use fresh clementine oranges, or plums...





In this gorgeous centerpiece, Martha used pomegranates, tulips, and roses...  but I think the magnolia leaves steal the show.




Mums are inexpensive and a personal favorite of mine.  Use a mirrored try to dress them up a bit...




Corn husks wrapped around votives?




I love this idea.  It's so simple.  Use a beautiful ribbon and run it through a large wooden bead.




Take it to the next level (if you are really crafty!) and stamp linen napkins with fall leaves...





There are a few Thanksgiving pieces left in my shop, that would be perfect for a fall-themed tablescape...


   



   



...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

erin said...

i DIE over those mini white pumpkin candle stick holers. DIE! ugh...

Catherine said...

Thanks so much for the inspiring photos! I grew up with the same memories as a child! Now that I'm all grown up, I find that I'm just as concerned with what the table will look like as I am with what food I'll be fixing! The combination of a beautiful table and good food is the best feeling ever. xoTrina

Anonymous said...

love your blog and your Shop! So many of the table setting brought me down memory lane. I had so much fun styling them for Martha Stewart Living.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...