Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall Dinner Party (at our house)!


We had a few people over for dinner this weekend, and I wanted to create a casual dinner setting that felt like FALL.  I picked up about 5 yards of a window pane wool (at only $9.99 from JoAnn Fabrics!) and draped it over the table.  I tried to line up the plaid pattern (to hide the fact that I was using two pieces of fabric)...  and, that was that!  Instant tablecloth that felt warm and inviting (and I loved the fact that it reminded me of a warm winter blanket). 






Next, I pulled out our dark woven chargers and bright white plates (that we use on a daily basis).  Both seemed to work with the preppy tablecloth, so I grabbed even more "white":  white linen napkins and a set of white bone china owl napkin rings.



Then, to warm it up, I went to my local grocery store and bought six white mini pumpkins (3 for $2!) and two packs of the "florist's special" (warm orange mums and ivory spray roses for only $11.00 each!).  I used a silver plated Paul Revere bowl to hold the flowers... and then brought in silver plated candlesticks and a huge vintage silver champagne bucket (to hold the wine during dinner).  I had a crazy pair of porcelain vintage roosters, and they made the cut too.  I put one at each end.











I realize that I took these pictures without silverware and no candles...  Sorry, but you get the idea, right?  I had so much fun putting this table together, and I did it on a budget!  Using the plates we use everyday, and a few seasonal embellishments, we felt like we were having a fancy dinner party. 

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

lkjkj said...

wow, your table is absolutely gorgeous. the dinner parties I have usually consist of half of us sitting on the floor drinking wine out of tumblers.

Kelly Robson said...

that is about how we eat every night! on the floor... at the coffee table. just thought we should step it up for our guests. :)

Meredith said...

So what was served on this beautiful table?

Jennifer said...

LOVE IT! everything looks great with the fabric!

The Townsend Family said...

KELLY! Come decorate my table for Thanksgiving!! I'll give you a million dollars!?!?!?! xoxo

Tall Drink said...

So simple and chic..and very classic fall! I love it.

paula said...

I am new to your blog and must say I LOVE it. your table scape is over the top gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...