Monday, May 11, 2009

Vintage Inspired Kids Rooms

I love designing spaces for kids.  To me, a child's room should be imaginative and playful, functional, and ultimately a safe haven for it's resident.  It shouldn't scream "baby", but it can't be too grown up either.  You need the right balance. 

I love combining vintage elements into nursery rooms and kids rooms.  It might be about a great vintage wallpaper or a mid-century chair, a piece of art or a fantastic light fixture.  It might even be as simple as a retro color scheme.  Mixing the old with the new gives you a modern space with more personality.  And, I think that a room like that will actually grow with your child.

Here are some of my favorite vintage-inspired kids rooms...


























...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

kelleyp said...

yumminess. so helpful as i am about to embark on decorating two highly critically girls rooms--my 9 and 7 year olds. everything i love they hate so it should be an interesting process.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...