It's been so busy around here, this project has taken months to complete! You might remember this piece, I've mentioned it before. I found this yellow "tiki special" dresser at a thrift store last spring... it sat in our guest room until Labor Day Weekend, when my husband and I finally carried it outside for a new paint job. And now, months later, I installed new hardware and snapped some "after" pictures to share with you. Finally, it's done!
The lovely dresser before:
Outside, we sanded it and primed it (our primer has a grey tint, which made it a bit more tedious to cover with white paint)... filled the holes in the drawers with wood filler, and secured some loose pieces. After all that, it was ready for glossy white paint!
Here is how it looks now. It sits in our small guest room, at the edge of the bed, and I love seeing it when I come up the stairs. It took me forever to commit to any hardware, but finally settled on simple brass pieces from Restoration Hardware. We bought the small "adeline" knob in antique brass, and the 6" pull from the same collection. I actually love how the simple hardware works with the room.
UPDATE: Thank you for the emails about the dresser and mirror! The mirror was a (cheap!) DIY from Pier 1 Imports for $40.00. It had a horrendous "southwestern" painted finish when I bought it. All it needed was a coat of champagne metallic paint!