Friday, October 16, 2009

Fall Flowers

Last weekend's flower arrangement is holding up beautifully-- even six days later!  I told you that I bought the "florists special" on a super bargain at my grocery store. When I got home, I separated every flower by type and filled a bowl with water and aquafoam (I started with this white porcelain bowl, but later changed to the silver footed Paul Revere bowl that I picked up at my flea market!).



I like to start off with the cheaper "filler" flowers. I have no idea if I am doing this correctly by florists standards, but this works for me. By filling the bowl with the cheap stuff, it creates an even fill and then I can pick and choose where to showcase the pretty, more expensive flowers.



The next day, I moved the bowl of flowers from the dining table to our buffet.  Fresh flowers are a simple way of bringing a little bit of the season into your house...  and, I especially love mums because they seem to last forever.  Now, that's bang for your buck.


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Jenny at LGN said...

What a completely gorgeous arrangement, Kelly!! I LOVE the fall...

Green Girl said...

i love Mums! they are sooo cute and comes in all colors!

rustic rooster interiors said...

Beautiful! Love the colors... Love it all! Can't wait to make one too!
XOXO Alexandra

Amanda Bevington said...

Love the arrangement Kelly! Cyndi would be proud : ) Love the photos in the last picture too!!! xo, A

Diva Style said...

Fabulous, Kelly!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...