Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our Wedding


Today is our second wedding anniversary.  I'm so lucky to be married to such a fantastic guy who loves me with all my quirks, and makes me laugh on a daily basis...  and, he's pretty cute too.  I thought that I would share some wedding photos with you today... And, let me just say that Amanda Bevington is a genius. If you are anywhere NEAR Southern California on your wedding day, call her. And, if you are not in California, call her anyway. She will travel. Amanda Bevington is amazingly talented and I cannot say enough. To this day, I still gush about our phenomenal photographer.






























Thank you, Amanda.  You (and Casey) provided us with the most amazing images of our wedding day.  Dave and I are so grateful!

And, in case you were wondering, our reception was held in Aliso Canyon in Laguna Beach, California.  The fabric on our tables is Island Key Floral (in indigo) from Ralph Lauren.  I used that print everywhere-- even on my handmade invitations.  And, for the record, I do NOT recommend making your own invitations.  While we saved a lot of money, it's really hard to achieve the ultimate look you are going for... and it's not very fun when you are on your 87th invite and you have 45 more to go.  However, I did enjoy making the menus, placecards and programs, but I digress... 

We had Devynns Garden create the gorgeous flowers; the vases were wrapped in burlap and filled with my favorites-- mums and succulents!  Instead of using signs on the tables, we stamped the table numbers right onto the glass hurricanes in white paint (with cheap foam stamps that I bought at Michaels!).  The blue and white gift boxes were covered in Italian paper that I bought online, and covering these boxes was a painstaking task, done by my mother and sister.  We then filled these gift boxes with shortbread cookies (and we enclosed a small recipe card to go with them).  My mom, paternal grandmother, and I spent eight hours baking about 1,000 shortbread cookies.  That was an afternoon that I will never forget!  Honestly, the entire wedding-planning-experience was wonderful and the wedding day was even better.  It's hard to believe that it's been two years.

If you want to see a bit more of our big day, visit Style Court where Courtney Barnes wrote a lovely post about our wedding. 

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Megan said...

How wonderful to look back on your wedding memories today; thanks you for sharing them, it was such a lovely event! I particularly love the fabric you used as an accent, it really made the event unique and personal. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous wedding and I love the details. I am a bride-to-be and have been contemplating doing my own invites but perhaps you just changed my mind!

Erika said...

Congratulations on the anniversary! The photos are so lovely and the details are amazing.

erin said...

Congrats Kel! I always enjoy looking at your wedding pictures. It feels like I just met you yesterday! I can't believe its your second anniversary already :)

Amanda Bevington said...

So FUN Kelly! Happy Anniversary to you and Dave!!! It was a wonderful wedding day! Perfect in every way! Such a joy to have been able to capture it for you! You are such a very special couple : ) Enjoy the day together!!! xo, A

Jenny at LGN said...

Kelly, these images are AMAZING!!! Wow, what a beautiful wedding!

Congrats on two happy years! Here's to many, many more!

kadler said...

Aww! Your wedding (and you) are gorgeous! Congrats on the anniversary.

Green Girl said...

Happy Anniversary! these are really beautiful photos! i wish we had a photographer like her:)

Danielle said...

Gorgeous bride, gorgeous wedding. If I were to do mine all over again, I'd want to copy yours!!!

plaisirs simples said...

absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!! congrats on your anniversary! hope you do something fun tonight!!

Hello Lover... said...

Just came across your blog via little green notebook. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. I just posted pictures of my own wedding on my blog as our first anniversary post. The fabric you used was gorgeous and your photographers did a wonderful job capturing the details! Congrats on two years!

Style Court said...

Happy anniversary Kelly!

xo
Courtney

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...