Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Color & Snow In October!



Two weeks ago, we made a trip to Upstate NY to visit my husband's family.  I brought my camera and tried to snap a few pictures along the drive through the Pocono Mountains, which were full of fall color.  As the weather turned to rain, the rain turned to snow.  Snow.  Snow in the middle of October.  Really?







The leaves did look beautiful through the white snowflakes though...








The next day, the weather was gorgeous.  This is the view of Conesus Lake, NY.







And, this is what we came home to!  I'm not a girl with a camera at-the-ready, but I had to stop and take a picture.  This is the pond next to our neighborhood.  As the sun was setting.



...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

RLG said...

"This is the pond next to our neighborhood." Hello? Gorgeous! Great picture. Nothing like fall to help us all look up for a bit. The air smells divine in these parts, too. At least somebody has the time to make a fire! xoxo

K said...

Thanks for making me uber homesick. :) (I never thought I'd miss snow in October, but I do) Great photos that capture upstate this time of year perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Too beautiful! We may have really nice weather in So Cal, but we DON'T have those views. Lucky!

Kay* said...

i adore all of the colours of fall. walking around my neighbourhood - all the leaves in all the different shades of yellow, orange, red, green...love it!

Amanda Bevington said...

Feature that last photo in the store and I'm your first buyer! Amazing!!! Thank you for sharing!!! xo, A

Catherine said...

What beautiful scenery! I especially love the pond, it looks heavenly. xoTrina

Anonymous said...

It's all that global warming in action : )

Novi On The Go said...

That last photo is so beautiful, thank you for sharing your pictures! I also like your sunburst mirror, so gorgious, you've got a good eye!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...