Monday, January 10, 2011

Chic Fireplace Screens

Recently, I've been reviewing stylish fireplace screens for a client of mine.  I'm on the hunt for just the right screen that will compliment the fireplace/mantel without overpowering it.  It needs to be unique, but not ornate.  Simple, yet stylish.  Something a little different.  And, there are so many great options out there...


I love this classic domed screen used in such a modern way.
(and I love that blue ceiling!)


And this graphic fireplace screen is so unique. I love the unexpected touch it brings to this extremely classic arched fireplace.



Another excellent geometric option, this time in a diamond pattern.


I love this antique fireplace screen in the rustic country home of Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kochar...  It's cozy and welcoming, completely unpretenious, and yet still sophisticated.



This sleek glass & chrome version at the J.K. Place, Capri brings such an unexpected element to an otherwise formal room. 
(featured in Lonny Magazine)



1st Dibs has an amazing collection of antique screens. On the hunt for some good inspiration, I spent a good deal of time shopping their inventory...


like this mid-century find, made of glass with polished nickel accents


or this 19th century stunner, with a brass swag pattern.


But, if you don't want to spend thousands on a fireplace screen, here are some of my go-to retail options... 


First, I always check the inventory at Restoration Hardware.  They usually have a great selection at mid-range prices.





Ballard Designs can be hit or miss, but their prices are low and sometimes you can find something great...


like this "Rivoli" screen for only $109.00


Pottery Barn has this guy on sale...

a pewter single screen, for only $139.00



And, you must check the stock at Crate & Barrel.  They tend to have interesting options that look more modern (and their prices are great too). 

like this "Alton" fireplace screen.  It comes in pewter and bronze, for only $159.00.

LOVE it in pewter (for a more modern space), however it's backordered until February. 



I found that glass fireplace screens are tough to find, but Lumens.com has a decent selection (believe it or not). 


like this version done in glass and stainless steel

this one is also intriguing (however, it looks slightly unstable without a strong base!)

...


Happy Monday, my friends!  I hope you are staying cozy on this cold winter day!


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Aimee@ the Functional Space said...

What great fire screens. We plan to redo our own fireplace (hopefully) sometime it 2011 and I would love to get rid of the ugly doors it has now in favor of one on these great screens. Thanks for the inspiration.
I also LOVE the blue ceiling too!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Great post. Fire screens are often something that I forget about. And I need one for the new house so I am going to check these out now.

Doug Davis said...

love the glass and stainless option

Jen said...

Thank you for this post! We have been thinking about investing in a fireplace screen to keep our little toddler away from our extremely hot gas fireplace. I love the crate and barrel ones. They are perfect! Thanks for doing the searching for me! :)

Jen102905
www.1creativemomma.blogspot.com

Susan said...

We are working on the same thing! Great picks!

theitgirlproject.com said...

This is awesome! I recently remodeled my fireplace and have been searching for a way to mask the hideous 80's gold and glass screen that is installed. Perfect!

Check out my remodel, it was such a fun DIY project! http://theitgirlproject.com/2010/10/04/diy-crafty-chevron-wallpaper/

Thanks thanks thanks!
Lynnette
theitgirlproject.com

electric fireplaces said...

So catchy fireplace. I really like most fifth one. I hope that I will also make same fireplace for my house.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...