Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Year, New Goals...

Happy New Year, all!  2015 already feels like it's going to be a great year, doesn't it?  I feel refreshed and rejuvenated...  and I'm ready to cross off some major goals this year. :)  One of them being the renovation of the 2nd floor of our house, which has been sitting in a sad state for a few years.  We've got big plans for that project this year (including a new bathroom- yay!).  Also, now that the studio is open, I hope to host some design events to grow our business on more of a local level.  I'm very excited about that.  But, the MOST EXCITING news of 2015 is that we will be growing our family by one this year!  I am pregnant and we are expecting a little GIRL in May!!  Dave and I couldn't be happier. 

 (showing the sonogram to little William)

One of my design goals this year is to use more unexpected shots of color.  If you follow this blog, you know that my style ranges from modern to ultra-traditional, while always feeling comfortable and (hopefully) unpretentious.  I use color in an edited manner (pillows, drapery, artwork, etc).  This year, I would like to be a bit bolder with some of my projects.  Here are some images that really suit my style, and I find them so inspiring...









 Each image above shows a very elegant interior, with classic elements throughout-- and, that's why the shots of saturated color are so refreshing and unexpected.  My personal favorite is the pink chair (I love it!), but the simple red bergere gets me every time.  :)

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Catherine said...

So exciting! Congratulations on your baby girl. Happy New Year to you and yours xoxoxo Catherine

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!! Also, so glad to check in oly our blog and see that you're back. Looking forward to the renovation updates. Loved the wainscoting you did last year

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...