Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Easiest Flower Arrangement Ever (with our Orb Flower Frog)

We have a new product in the store.  It's this fabulous Ceramic Orb Flower Frog (it comes in matte black or matte white).  We added this piece to our product line a few months ago, and just before the Easter holiday our shipment arrived.  I was pretty excited.  :)  Since we were hosting Easter this year, I decided to use a couple (in the white colorway) as Easter centerpieces.  Let me say-- I love this thing.  Talk about an easy arrangement!!  It's terrific.  Here's how easy it is to use...


My Easter table was mostly set.  I played around with this centerpiece arrangement-- one orb? two? or three orbs, down the center of the table?? In the end, I decided that two felt like a nice balance for a table of six people.


I purchased a bunch of different flowers (including peonies, alstroemeria, and hypericum-- all from my local grocery store), and filled the bowl base with fresh water.


 starting with the peonies...

 
...and finishing with the alstroemeria and pink hypericum.  I tried to balance everything out, placing different stems all around the orb.  I didn't feel the need to fill every hole with a stem-- I like seeing some of the open holes peek through. 



Done!

I love these orbs and will be using them quite often for future arrangements.  So easy.  Wouldn't these make the most terrific Mother's Day gifts?  I think so.  I really love the matte white, but we also have them in matte black (which feels a little more modern, in my opinion). 


our Ceramic Orb Flower Frog in the black colorway



I love any excuse to go crazy buying fresh flowers.  And, Easter Sunday was a really good excuse.  :)

I bought 50 pink tulips (couldn't resist that color!), and made two large arrangements for our dining room credenza...


I used our Blue & White Ginger Jars as vases.  Love this combo of blue & white with the bright pink blossoms.  And, tulips last forever (as I type this post -- one week after Easter -- these tulips are still gorgeous).  Money well spent, if you ask me.  ;)


We also took our little bunny to his first Easter mass...

and, he didn't make a sound.  :)



Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Tobe | BIA said...

your credenza is everything!!!

Kelly Robson said...

Thank you, Tobe! It's a vintage piece I originally sourced for a client. It didn't work out, so now it's ours! I still love it.

Studio Yuko Jones said...

Those orbs are amazing! They'll make amazing mothers day gift. Love your credenza vignette (what can be better than blue & white ginger jar with pink flowers?), and William is just so darling. You look fantastic too, beautiful mama!

My Notting Hill said...

Amazing - wish I had invented those orbs! I left a message on the adorable photo of William on your instagram - but is under my name, not mynottinghill. Just wanted you to know in case you wondered who that unknown person was. Michele

Amy Williams Hall said...

I love how the peonies look in the orb! So sweet and pretty. William is to die for, oh my.

Kelly Robson said...

Thank you, ladies!!! Fresh flowers after a looooong cold winter are the best. :)

And, of course, we are completely in love with our little boy. Thank you for the sweet comments. xoxo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...