Friday, March 29, 2013

The Easiest Easter Centerpiece...

(via Instagram, follow me @kellyrobson)


I assembled my Easter centerpiece for my mother-in-law's house last night (we'll be leaving for the holiday weekend on Saturday morning).  I gathered plenty of inspiration, but in the end, I was most inspired by this lovely image (below), so I decided to give it a shot.



 

I made my way over to Whole Foods in search of tulips.  I found these Parrot Tulips in a wonderful shade of pink and snatched them up...


 
I bought 30 stems for about $40.00.  Truth be told, I wish I could have purchased about 20 more stems...  but, they were sold out of this color, so I decided to make due with a measly thirty. :)  I also purchased some greenery, to fill out any holes.  Then, I dropped by Michael's where I bought a large glass globe vase (about $12.00) and some green floral tape (for $1.00). 
 
I'm no florist, but I like to play with flowers whenever the occasion arises.  And, this was one of the easiest arrangements I've ever made.  I literally started gathering tulips in my hand, creating a small bouquet as I went.  Periodically, I would wrap the bouquet with floral tape...
 


 

Then, continue wrapping.  When you are down to your outside layer of tulip stems, wrap the floral tape as discreetly as possible (so it's not so obviously seen through the glass vase-- hide it with leaves, etc).  When you've used every flower, try to clean up the lower portion of the stems (I removed unnecessary leaves and cleanly cut the bottom of the stems). 


 
Then, you're done!
 
Simple and pretty.  I will definitely be creating more arrangements like these in the future.  It doesn't get any easier.  And, I really love the way the stems are exposed in the glass globe vase-- creating a more modern look.  I'm thinking this would be fun to do with lilies, or hydrangea this summer.  Even inexpensive carnations would be cool in this style.  :)
 
...


Have a blessed holiday weekend, my dear friends!  Easter is always such a wonderful time to reflect on our blessings, and the greatest gifts in our life.  I hope that you have some time to connect with the people that matter most this weekend!  Dave and I have so many exciting projects happening this year, professionally and personally (look for a big announcement next week!).  I look forward to sharing them here with you.  Thanks for reading this little blog, and I wish you a very Happy Weekend!
 
 
xoxo
Kelly
 
 
...
 
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Anonymous said...

wow, you spend a fortune. here in germany 10 tulips, daffodils etc. cost about 2 euros. i guess its because the netherlands (who produces them) are our neighbours.
happy easter, pia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...