Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gliders & Rockers


While we're on the subject of stylish kids rooms, let's talk about gliders and rockers.  One of my favorite resources is Fawn & Forest.  They have a wide selection of super stylish (and functional) pieces, plus they offer free shipping for orders over $50.00 and no sales tax!  A great bonus, right? 

I have recommended a few of these styles for previous clients and I'm thrilled with the grown-up vibe they bring to the room.  Plus, they come in a variety of colors (some with accent piping!) so they even look custom made!  Then, when your little one outgrows the nursery, you can still use these chairs as functioning pieces of furniture (bottom line: they don't scream BABY).

Here are my top picks:













And, while you're there, Fawn & Forest has a great selection of graphic area rugs... not just for kids. ;)


Happy Wednesday!


UPDATE: I love blogging about kids rooms, kids parties, kids furniture, etc, because it's so fun-- not because I'm pregnant!  Sorry to disappoint!  But, please.  You've seen my house.  It's not safe for babies... yet.


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Julie said...

Thanks for the round-up! I'm ordering the Jennifer deLonge as soon as I can settle on a fabric - which one do you recommend?

Kelly Robson said...

Hi Julie!

Oh boy, there are SO many options... But, here are my initial thoughts on upholstery: I immediately rule out the "modern texture" polyester (??) and the microsuede, and the velvet (to fancy and too warm, not really a year round fabric). So, that leaves me with the basic linen and the premium linen-- both sound like excellent picks. From there, we have colors to pick... I really like all of the choices (however, white might be difficult to keep clean). It just depends on how bold you want to go. :)

I'm thrilled that you're ordering the Jennifer deLonge chair! I've heard great things about it. :)

xx
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I'll take number one, please. I don't have a baby on the way, but I'll take it.

Amanda Bevington said...

Who's ready for a baby Kelly??? I love these posts! Especially as we're SO close to welcoming baby B!!!

Kelly Robson said...

Ha! Amanda! We are NOT ready for a baby-- you've seen my house. Even though, just to bug Dave (who is ALL BUSINESS in this renovation), I refer to the little guestroom on the 2nd floor as "the nursery". Oh, he loves it. With every roll of the eye. :) But, I've been thinking about you with all of these baby posts!!!!

Designstiles-- I'm with you. I'll take one, even without a baby on the way.

xx
Kelly

JWK said...

These look AMAZING!! Definitely keeping these in mind for the next one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...