Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Well, I Do Declare!

That is what my friend, Brooke, said when I told her that we were going to Savannah.  Well, I DO declare!  In her sweetest Southern accent.  We rolled in last night, and let me just say that our hotel is magnificent. 

Here's a sneak peek...


brass door handles at the entrance


the back entrance to our building


One of the many antique marble fireplaces


the most amazing Chinoiserie mirror I have ever seen.


gorgeous brass wall sconces


love the worn finish on this pineapple finial


And, to rub it in even more? 
I am typing this post from my private terrace.



Off to see Savannah now.  Have a lovely day, kittens.



...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Allana said...

I can't wait to hear where you go! We were in the midst of vacation planning when you posted about Savannah and now we're going to spend three nights in Savannah and three in Charleston, finishing up with an antique show in Charlotte. We're driving down from Toronto instead of flying so that I can buy more!

Diana said...

How fancy! I've never been to any part of the U.S. near Savannah and am so intrigued! It seems so pretty!

I am dying over those door handles and finials. I love ornamental pineapple things.

RLG said...

So glad you're enjoying yourself.
Gorgeous accommodations -- wow!
xoxo

The Devoted Classicist said...

It is great to still see a hotel with character.

Julie said...

This has been on my to-travel-to list for ages! Can't wait to hear about all the fun you have in this cute little city!

Julie said...

I'm so jealous! I've wanted to go for soooo long!

Julie said...

I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to go for soooo long!

Tonya said...

Savannah is great but I think Charleston is the best! Take time to go to the beaches while you are there too, Folly, Sullivans Island, Isle of Palms! I live in Charlotte and am going back to Charleston this weekend for the Wine & Food festival. Charleston Fashion Week is end of March you should try to make sometime. Note to Allana she will have a great time at the Metrolina Antiques Expo and flea market. Eddie Ross & Jaithan were here in November !! Have a great time!

Brooke said...

Have a WONDERFUL time! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I do declare!!

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...