Thursday, February 17, 2011

Regency Inspired Dining Room

About a year ago, I worked on a dining room makeover with a wonderful local Philadelphia client.  Inspired by the glamorous spaces of Mary McDonald and Windsor Smith, we set out to create a Hollywood Regency style space that was fancy enough for the best dinner party, yet comfy enough for family game night.  While this particular design never came to fruition, I've always loved the design board and thought I would share it on the blog today...

Our inspiration images included:






left image from Atlanta Homes
right image, "Walking at Palais Royale" Mark Shaw Fashion Photo 1959




And, we came up with something similar to this:





resources (counter clockwise):
chandelier from Circa Lighting, dining table from Plantation LA, faux bamboo dining chairs from Jonathan Adler, pair of vintage faux malachite lamps from 1st Dibs (available at Downtown), starburst mirror from Mecox Gardens, vintage Dorothy Draper dressers on 1st Dibs.
fabrics included a green tweed, snow leopard cotton, and embroidered knot. 
All available through Kelly G. Robson Design (contact me for details).


I'm still in love with that saturated green, and I'm dying to use it in a future project.  What do you think?


Happy Thursday, design lovers.  :)


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

kelleyp said...

yummy

This Much said...

I love that second picture. The pops of green are a treat!

The Goods Design said...

Love these! Sad it didn't exactly come to fruition - the pictures would have be stunning!

Erika Machamer said...

Beautiful. That green tweed is delicious. Am in love with kelly green and navy right now!

RLG said...

I have loved that photo of Windsor Smith's dining room for ages. It's the reason I want a settee for the dining room -- preferably sans kids! xoxo

Jana said...

Oh my yes. I'm not usually drawn to glamorous rooms, but I'm totally on board with this one. Gorgeous.

Kate Collins said...

Gorgeous! I love to see your work.

bentley said...

The first photo was one of the many tears I referred to when I designed my own dining room. Love that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...