Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Before & After: Our Garden Shed


Our garden shed has a new lease on life.  Here is an up close and personal 'before' shot, in all it's glory...



and, this is how it looks now!



This quick DIY project took about a day, and cost us $222.00.  Here's a breakdown:

- new (black) roof shingles, $30 per box and we used 4 boxes = $120.00
- roofing nails = $29.00
- 2" x 1" wood trim (to frame the the tiny windows), = $9.00 for 15 linear feet
- paint, $34.00 per gallon and we used 2 gallons = $64.00


I had a bit of trouble deciding on a suitable color (I didn't want it to be too blue, too purple, too black...).


But, I finally selected Behr Premium Exterior Paint in "Cracked Pepper" (in a flat finish), and used Martha Stewart's "Popcorn" in exterior semi-gloss for the trim.  We LOVE how it turned out.



It now has become a stylish place to house the brand new riding mower (there it is, off in the distance)...


And to celebrate the new shed, I bought myself a darling pink azalea bush.


How cute.

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Unknown said...

very nicely done! amazing how cute something as practical as a shed can look when given a little love and attention. thanks for sharing!

MaryBeth said...

Wow! a beautiful transformation!
Can I fly you out here to do that to my interiors?

Michelle said...

It looks so good! That definitely motivates me to get outside and work on our shed a bit.

Betsy said...

O.K. - You've inspired me. Glad to have found your blog.
Betsy

Jenny at LGN said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the color choices and the landscaping! Want to come do my house now?? :)

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

What are those fantastic greens you put in front? (I'm a black thumb.) I love how full they are!

Kelly

the red bungalow said...

oh what a great upgrade! I'm loving your new plants to. :)

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great work...but what really struck me is how large your yard is and how beautifully landscaped it is. I'm so jealous!

Fran said...

Gorgeous! I love it. You guys did a fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

This came out amazing! Thanks so much for the details. it's so nice to know that such a transformation doesn't have to cost a bundle!

Jennifer said...

It looks awesome! Like a brand-new shed. Look at your big, beautiful hostas too!

Brooke said...

My jaw dropped when I saw the before and after pictures! WOW! And I love the gorgeous full plants in front.

Anonymous said...

What a great transformation! I'm so amazed at how it just took a few tweaks.

Pink Wallpaper said...

wow, it looks great!!!!

RLG said...

Incredible. The shed looks so crisp and fresh. LOVE the paint colors. So bang on! xoxo

bazaarofserendipity said...

it looks soo great! i just love it, it looks brand spankin new!

www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

I was scrolling up and down about 10 times to see the before and after and compare. This is such a beautiful garden shed!! I can't believe how sad and dreary the before pictures are. Great job!!!

Kristina at desajn.nu said...

really beautiful done!! I wrote about it in my swedish interior design blog if you didnt mind.. =) I referd the readers here :)

bluehydrangea said...

What a difference!!! Love it!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Gorgeous!!

Gina G said...

I love the paint color and especially it's name "Cracked Pepper". Did the name have anything to do with why you chose it?

paula said...

oh my, I love.

The Townsend Family said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! And NOT surprised!!!!! xoxoxoxo

Dayka Robinson said...

i LOVE this!

Wide Span Sheds said...

Hay nice

After modification Garden Shed lokks tooo good..

Great...

Melissa Marie Head said...

Lovely transformation it looks great! Amazing what a bit of paint, landscaping, and new shingles can do.

A Perfect Gray said...

wow! what a difference! looks wonderful...

Rachael Anne said...

The difference is amazing! The trim around the windows alone made a big change. What did you do the concrete infront of the door? It looks darker.

Wide Span Sheds said...

So, nice

This will help a person to prepare a plan to build a nice shed.

So, please keep updates in it.

Sharon said...

It looks fabulous! And completed in about a day?! Great job.

Barbara said...

I love what you did, which shows that a little care can turn an embarassment into a real asset. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That's a shed I'd love to have in my yard :)

SHERRY HART said...

WOW...I want to move in :) I am constantly amazed at the power of paint!!!
Sherry

TJ said...

Love it! What kind of plants are those in front of the shed? Thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...