Friday, April 23, 2010

The Painted Dresser (or Nightstand)


I spotted this gorgeously painted navy blue dresser on Lavender & Lilies today (designed by cutie, Nate Berkus), and it inspired me to transform an otherwise regular piece of furniture into something special (I have a couple of nightstands that may or may not get a similar treatment!).   Love the punch of color this can bring to a room!





Here's an old tear sheet I have been hanging onto forever.  I just can't get over how cute this is... perfect for a kid's room.



Or maybe, you prefer a punch or orange?









Or, green maybe?




...


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

bryn alexandra said...

Looove this look. I painted an old (veneer!) dresser for a client: http://brynalexandra.com/img/portfolio/20_portfolio.jpg

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

They look amazing in all those colours. I just boguht a huge suzanni like the one in the 6th image, same colours and all - thanks for this pic, has calmed my post purchase fears!! :)

julesx

MB said...

The orange dressers are delightful! I especially like the orange with the blue headboard, nice!

Julie said...

That Cottage Living pic w/ the little girl on the bed and the dog is one of my FAVORITES....

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Or maybe yellow?! I love all of these images! and I have the perfect dresser to add some color to!

Marija said...

I think a little paint on an old dresser can do wonders for just about any space! And yes, that dresser would be adorable for a kids room :)

Marija

ALR said...

Fabulous, vibrant colors, oh my! I really like the blue/orange combination, but the green is spectacular. Thanks for sharing the lovely pics:)

Cate Pileggi said...

Painting my boring old white dresser a bright coral-pink is on my summer to do list! Glad to see your inspiration too. (By the way, LOVE your blog. It's the first one I visit each day!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...