Friday, April 30, 2010

Clashing Color Can Create Good Tension


You've heard designers speak about "creating tension in a room" by adding one unexpected (often totally crazy) element that makes you think "Um, should that be there?"...  It's based on a theory that something--just a little off--can create good tension in a room.  Breaking up the expected pieces and making the room sing.  Can't the same effect be achieved with color?  The color schemes in these rooms (in my opinion) make the spaces much more interesting.  What do you think?























...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Leona Rose said...

Clashing color always makes me smile whether it be in the home or on a young child who got dressed all by themself!
I really love the rattan pieces in this post. Thanks for the morning burst of color.

Cameron said...

I love, love, love the blue zebra curtains with the yellow print wallpaper. The screen as the headboard in yellow with the colors are the bed are definitely not a color combo I would have picked but it works! Great pics and post!

Fran said...

Wow! What a great post - very interesting how clashing color can create good tension. These pics are to die for - I seriously love every single one of them!

DolceDreams said...

I love it! Too much matchy matchy is boring...
Have a great weekend,
Nathalie

alison (semi-fab lane) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alison (semi-fab lane) said...

i love this post. i am always trying to incorporate that into my home, but always afraid it will really clash-in a bad way. thanks for the images. i just posted about something similar on my blog-we must be thinking the same thing-spring gets you in the mood!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...