Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Calypso Rugs

One of my go-to resources for chic affordable area rugs is Calypso St. Barth.  They have a wonderful selection of pieces in warm neutrals and cool blues.  Plus, the sizes span from a tiny 2 x 3 to a whopping 11 x 18!  Seriously.  A fabulously chic 11 x 18 rug that you can order off the internet!  Where else can you do that?  I love this shop.

Here are my favorite rugs...




















Designer tip: layer one of the colorful ikats (or geometric prints) over a larger neutral jute.  By layering a colorful 5 x 8 rug over something larger like a 9 x 12 neutral jute, you can create instant interest in your living room.  And all the color is concentrated on the smaller 5 x 8...  so, if you want to change the colors of your living room down the road, it's a simple switch of a 5 x 8 rug (rather than investing in another large 9 x 12).



...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

katiedid said...

Thanks for a great resource! Great rugs. Bookmarking right now.

Anonymous said...

It's rather depressing that half of these rugs would fit perfectly into my living room. And of course I can't find any reasonably priced rugs with these patterns here in Queensland!

Kristy {West 23rd St. Vintage} said...

Love this designer tip!! I plan on doing the exact same thing in my living room. BTW...I shared your sangria recipe on my blog the other day. Can't wait to try it!

cursivearts said...

Love the quatrefoil and the chevron rugs. Classic designs are always the most beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...