Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mountain Cabin Chic

Did you guys see this house in the recent issue of Elle Decor?  It's fabulous isn't it?  This "cabin" tucked away in the Idaho mountains was designed by the homeowner and built by ForestStudio, a Laguna Beach based architecture firm (yay for my hometown!).  I love the mix of modern, woodsy, and European elements (those ceilings!)...
















The homeowner that designed this beauty is Mary Lynn Turner.  She teamed up with her two very accomplished and stylish daughters, Marie and Emily.  Marie has a masters degree from Christies of London in fine and decorative arts.  While Emily went to the London School of Economics.  The three have teamed up to create M. Elle Design, and their portfolio is stunning.  I encourage you to check it out.

Happy Thursday!

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Unknown said...

yes! I love this whole cabin - oh, the textures. I earmarked the entire section in Elle Decor. it's absolute perfection. Great post!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

I have somewhat similar ceilings on the porches of my house, and I can't wait until we renovate the guest house, because I really want to put in built-in bunkbeds like that!

I really hate to give up a good source, just because I like to be the "cool kid" with all the awesome ideas and finds (and be the first to know everything!), but if you like the cabin look, here is an AMAZING source: http://www.whisperingpinescatalog.com/

Kelly Robson said...

Oh wow! Thank you, Deanna. That IS a great resource. I'll keep it a secret. :)

By the way, GUEST HOUSE? So jealous!

xoxo
Kelly

Heather said...

I love this, and the bunk beds are fantastic.

C. Anne said...

wow, the most beautiful bunks I've ever seen. [if those elegant sections could even be considered bunks!] What a lovely cabin to spend time in.

Life of Style said...

Yes, my favorite interior, what a wonderful retreat...I think you would fit nicely there Kelly with your bean boots and all!

Amanda Bevington said...

I'm OBSESSED! I love the bunks and the entire feeling of the space. This is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

An Urban Cottage said...

Kelly,
Just wanted to thank you for the great packing job and speedy delivery of my purchases. You always pick great things. I think I'm well on my way to my "Badgely & Mischka/Ralph Lauren" guest room.

Steve

Cookie and Kate said...

Woah! I'm in love with the last photo. I've never seen such beautiful guest beds! I'm saving that photo in my inspiration files. :)

suzy. said...

wow it looks so warm and cozy! i can't think of any place better to be...and i'm really trying!

Wood Floor Planet New Jersey | North Jersey's Mega Flooring Store said...

This is a great informational article! I enjoyed reading this material. Thank you for putting a unique spin on this topic and giving me more factors to consider. I like your views and your style.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...