Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sea Foam Green


After seeing these images from the newest issue of Rue Magazine (in the New York City home of Katie Ermilio), I'm starting the rethink the color, "sea foam green".  Yes, it once was a color that made designers cringe.  But, not me. 

Paired with ivory and ballet pink, this 1950s color scheme is pretty great. 





...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Ashley said...

Very serene! Any idea where the Goyard-like lamp in the last picture is from?

Karena said...

Keely I agree because it has enough brightness in it to make it stand out just enough!

Come and Enter my $200 Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!
xoxo

Karena
Art by Karena

Susan said...

I love it too! It makes me nostalgic for my grandparent's house..."my" bathroom was tiled in sea foam green!

Chedva @Rooms and Words said...

I love it, but I do think you need to be verrry careful choosing the paint color.

bash, please said...

Seafoam green is HOT.

Elise Lowerison said...

I was browsing interior design blogs when I came across yours. Your take on sea foam green was very interesting. I was even more intrigued by your discussion of how these interiors are throwbacks to the past, but still look great in our modern world. Window treatments also help dress up a home; after all it is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...