Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bean Boots


I'm on an LL Bean kick this week.  First it's their adorable commercials, and now it's the classic Bean Boot.  I want a pair.

If I own a pair of Bean Boots, I think I will become a more adventurous person.  Right?  I'm sure I will wake up with the sunrise, go on more hikes, and be more active in the cold of winter.  And, they're pretty stylish... to boot.






Did you know that Leon Leonwood Bean designed the classic Maine Hunting Boot in 1912?  An avid hunter and fisherman, Mr. L.L. Bean specifically designed the shoe for exploring the Maine wilderness... all while keeping your feet warm and dry. 

So, that makes this boot almost 100 years old!  I love that.

Let's get even more nostalgic, shall we?  Here's a sweet video from LL Bean on how they make the classic Maine Hunting Boot.




Happy Thursday, everyone!

...

UPDATE:  my husband bought me a pair for my birthday.  I love them!  I read every review on the LLBean site and, as suggested, I ordered one whole size smaller than normal.  And, they fit perfectly, even with thick winter socks.  One whole size smaller.  They keep my feet warm and dry and I love wearing them on winter trail walks. 

I give these Bean Boots wo thumbs up.

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

ashley sullivan said...

ha! you read my mind. i've been on a bean kick lately... so classic & cozy.

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

I still wear the same pair of Bean Boots I've had since I was 14 (24 now). How have my feet not grown? Anyway, they last forever. Definitely invest in a pair.

Ashley said...

As the weather grows colder and I've grown older, I fall more and more in love with LL Bean. I'm a New England girl here in Philly and there's nothing more I miss than brands like LL Bean that are quintessentially New England!

Shannon @ Project Shannon said...

I love my bean boots. I have the short slip-on kind, and I wear them all the time. Such a worthwhile purchase!

The Design Boards said...

Ok, now I want a pair...they are so cute and it's fascinating to see how they are made.

Nikki said...

I want a pair! My target knocks off circa 1999 are not going to cut it.

Erika Machamer said...

We are going glamping the Airstream this weekend - some bean boots would be perfect!

Any tips on fit? Order normal size? I live in the deep South and me likey anyway!

Kelly Robson said...

Erika! Nearly all 54 reviews on the LLBean site say to ORDER A SIZE SMALLER! I am ordering an 8 (although I wear a 9). They say that even with bulky socks, they still run way too big (which is a little weird, but I'll go with it). Hope this helps!

SO glad you all love the Bean Boots! My birthday is coming up, so I am considering these a pre-birthday gift. :)

xx
Kelly

LindsB said...

I could not live without my bean boots! They are the best thing for the slushy, yucky weather we have up here in New England. I highly recommend them to everyone as the perfect winter boot!

Lauryl said...

Funny! I've been eyeing those brown shearling boots for my move to chilly Chicago. I'm slightly nervous though--I'm from the south, so I no idea if these boots will have enough traction to walk in the snow and ice. Any thoughts?

Kelly Robson said...

Lauryl! I thought that too... but based on how well-loved they are by MANY folks in freezing temperatures, I assume that they would provide decent traction on ice? If anyone has any input, I would love to hear!

xx
Kelly

Tout de Suite said...

i'm a woman's size 8.5 and i just got a pair of kid's size 5 bean boots!-- The kids size 6 was way too big, just another (slightly cheaper $69) option!

Mini Wedge Sandals said...

These are some cool shoes! looking nice and very useful..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...