Friday, August 12, 2011

Riding Bikes in 1949


My mother's mother.  Her name is Alice, and we call her Gammy.  That's her on the left, in the all white ensemble.  And that's Evelyn, her best friend, on the right.  They're still friends, in fact!  Aren't they so beautiful?  This picture was taken somewhere outside of Chicago in the summer of 1949 (or was it 1950?).  It makes me so happy.  I think that my Papa snapped the photo.


Happy Weekend my dear friends.

xoxo,
Kelly


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Dayka Robinson said...

Sweet! I love this photo, Kelly. It looks like something you'd find at a vintage shop in a small town, the only difference is that you actually KNOW these people! I hope you frame this and have it somewhere special--great picture. And shout out to Grammy & Evelyn for keepin' it sexy way back in 1949/50!! :)

Enjoy your weekend!
dayka

quintessence said...

What a fabulous shot!! And I just love that they are still friends - how wonderful!

Eclectic said...

That's awesome! I love that they are still friends...we can only for that in our own lives. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...