Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vintage Color Scheme: Navy + Magenta + Green

Last weekend, I found this vintage handkerchief at a local flea market (the Golden Nugget in Lambertville, New Jersey to be exact).  It was only a dollar, and even though I have roughly no use for it, I had to have it.  Just look at that amazing color scheme!





Wouldn't this color scheme translate beautifully into a bedroom design?  I thought so.  So, here's what I came up with...







From left to right:




...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

The colours are beautiful and I love the inspiration board you pulled together for it. Great post!

Erika Machamer said...

Audible gasp! This is absolutely beautiful!!!

Nichole@40daysof said...

frame it!

L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

I don't know which I love more! Love the scarf and the inspiration board! The colors are fantastic! I'll purchase the scarf from you:)

blue fruit said...

I think that is the very most beautiful hankie I have ever seen! Such colour, and the pattern is pretty out there too. And what a brilliant colour scheme that it has inspired you to put together - it would be a beautiful room, with lots of drama.

Greetings from a fellow interior designer, but on the other side of the world, in Melbourne Australia, where I love vintage shopping too!

Dayka Robinson said...

gorgeous!

Benji Pearson said...

Long time reader first time comment. Great idea for creating a new color scheme! I have a handkerchief from Australia that I love but couldnt decide what to do with. Thanks

Ozondahdesign.blogspot.com

Loved said...

Absoloutely beautiful, I would love to pick out the yellow also with a few accesories. Love your blog.

Holly Gruszka said...

This is a beautiful inspiration piece- and only a dollar? I'll have to check out that flea market sometime. It's really really pretty and I love the design board that you came up with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...