Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mud Room Inspiration



Our new house does not have a closet to speak of on the first floor.  We do have an old fashioned entrance vestibule (which was one of the selling features for me) where we can hang coats...  but, still no closets. 

We have dreams of expanding the closed in back porch into a new kitchen and family room...  somewhere included will be a bathroom and a mud room.  A mud room with beautiful built-in storage and slate floors...  that would be nice.  We are far (very far) from that point, so I will just look at these rooms for future inspiration.

























If you don't have a mud room, and need to create one from a back hallway or entrance way, wall hooks are a more realistic purchase!  These are my personal favorites...













If I ever find another one of these vintage deer antler hooks again, I will keep it for myself...



Maybe a coat rack?








This wall-hanging basket is perfect for gloves and scarves...




If you have more room?  Pottery Barn has some affordable modular pieces...  Instant mud room!









...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Jenny at LGN said...

Oh, Kelly. It's sort of sad how jealous I am of you and your new/old house.

I want more pics of the inside!!! :)

hugs,
j

Catherine said...

Hi Kelly, I've always loved using old antique armoires in rooms without closets. You can find them tall enough and with rods so that you can hang your coats, store umbrellas, etc. We don't have a mudroom but what a wonderful addition to a house, especially when you live in a place with four seasons! xoTrina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...