Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Treats!



I make these pecan bars for every Christmas.  Since, we alternate Christmas between my husbands family in upstate New York and my parent's house in Indianapolis, nobody gets tired of them!  You can dip them in chocolate, or not.  Either way, they are delicious!

The recipe is HERE.





This coconut cake is also a winning Christmas cake.  It's a little rich, but it's amazing.  I highly recommend it!  And, if you make it, double the recipe and you will get three 9" cakes which will create a nice triple layer (the recipe alone makes 2 eight inch cakes).

The recipe is HERE.


I might branch out and try to make these this year.  Maamoul, a middle eastern cookie stuffed with a sugary date and orange mixture.  Yummy!




On a less sophisticated level, I am obsessed with these pocket sized (sugar free!!) Werther's Original!  Now, I can eat as many as I want...  on the go, no less.



...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

RLG said...

I like the way you bake! I'm hopeful we have all of the ingredients since going to the store is not an option (with all of this snow). xoxo

Unknown said...

Yum, yum, and yum! Can I crash your place for Christmas??? The maamoul cookies are so pretty. They remind me of sand dollars.

From the Kitchen said...

My mother, God rest her soul, was truly addicted to Werther's originals (with real sugar) and was never without them. Oh how I wish I had inherited her metabolism--she was 5'2" and never seemed to weigh more than 90 lbs. She loved to eat and ate constantly and a lot! Enjoy! The pecan bars look delicious, especially dipped in chocolate.

Michelle Parks McCourt said...

That coconut cake looks amazing. PS am really enjoying your blog.

Lisa said...

What a mouth watering post and very useful too, thank you. I'm getting married in mid-December and we're going for a wintery/Christmas theme and I'm trying to decide on what sort of things to have for the cakes and catering. Very inspirational!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...