Monday, October 3, 2011

Grateful


Today, I'm back in Philadelphia after spending a wonderful weekend in Indianapolis.  My parents moved there while I was in college and even though I've never lived there personally, it always feels like home when I'm back in that city.  Have you ever been there?  The people are so friendly.  They smile and say hello to you at the super market... and when you're driving on the highway?  They actually wave you into their lane if you put on your blinker.  How remarkable.  Do you live in a friendly city?  If you do, please share!

And, today I am grateful.  Grateful for my health, my husband, my dear friends, my loving family.  I'm grateful that I found my passion early in life, I acted on it, and now I'm working in an industry that I adore.  I'm thankful to be building a business that is completely mine.  I'm thankful for my amazing clients who allow me to provide input on their gorgeous homes.  I love working with nice people.  I'm thankful for you, my insightful readers.  Reading your comments and getting your emails makes this blogging thing a whole lot of fun.  :)  So, thank you.  I'm grateful for you.

Sometimes, I get caught up in the daily stresses, deadlines, and never ending to-do lists.  I worry about our home renovation, when it will end, how much it will cost, when we'll be able to get started on this or that project.  I forget where I put things, sometimes I'm late, and I worry that I'm doing it all wrong.  But, I'm not.  Everything is fine and sometimes, I just need to stop and breathe.  Everyone has their own journey.  We all get to where we're going at some point.  I just need to stay on track.  Stay focused and take one day at a time.


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Chedva @Rooms and Words said...

Your post put a smile on my face! so important to stop and appreciate what we have:) Happy Monday, K!

Juniper and York said...

Hi Kelly, that's totally true. I also get too wrapped up in all the "small" stuff, and I always appreciate reminders to stop and be grateful for everything I have. Thanks for making that clear today :)

Junita said...

Thank you for this post, Kelly. Thoughts of gratitude have been on my mind as well, recently, after losing a friend unexpectedly. I'm grateful for you! Your lovely shop and your insightful blog. Thank you for all that you share!

Anonymous said...

I love Indy. It's home to me - a completely lovely and underrated city. Thanks for your posts!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Great post!

Unknown said...

I recently moved from So. California to Ohio, and the blinker thing is totally true! That was one of the first things I noticed; even with CA plates, people let me over. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly, I live in Richmond, Va and I love how friendly people (generally) are here. I'm from Virginia, so I did grow up with southern hospitality, if you will, but I did live in Philly for a year...and I will say, the kindness of strangers was not a selling point for Philly :) Love your blog! xoxo

Susan said...

Just posted on this exact subject...I am so grateful for the blog community. Thanks for sharing Kelly!

Pamela Bates said...

thanks. i needed that reminder. feel like a hamster on a wheel lately. great post. much to be grateful for.

sarah said...

i moved to indy about a year ago from michigan, and while they're both friendly, midwestern states i've struggled this past year trying to find my place here and feel at home. the people really are incredible, though, which has helped, and reading this also helps to remind me of what a wonderful city i currently live in. thanks :) (ps: it also doesn't hurt that they have the flying cupcake...their red velvet makes me weak in the knees!)

Heather@SatisfyingSpaces said...

I live in a small friendly town and love it. I also love your positive post. Perspective is so important and sometimes it is difficult when you are worried or frustrated to not sweat the small stuff and really appreciate the important things in life. Well done!

Kelly Robson said...

Thanks for all of the comments!

Pamela, yes! "Hamster on a wheel" pretty much sums it up. ;)

It's good to stop and reflect on the bigger things in life. I'm trying not to get so caught up in the everyday that I lose sight of it.

xoxo,
Kelly

elizabeth said...

Thanks for your kind words about Indy. I've lived here my whole life and love it. It's nice to know that we make a good impression on out of towners!

Susan said...

What a wonderful post Kelly. A good reminder for so many things for which to be thankful. As a former Indy resident I totally agree with you, the people are wonderful there and sometimes I miss it and being in a medium sized city. The NYC area is fast paced and has many nice people but also some not so nice and the traffic is challenging :) As someone who is beginning a second career in design, I wish I had chosen it the first time around. But no regrets, I had a great career and now I have two amazing daughters. Life is a journey and remembering to stop and breathe is key.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...