Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Ava Bamboo Table Lamp



The Ava Bamboo Table Lamp is a High Street Market original, completely custom made for our store.  Inspired by a vintage piece, this table lamp is streamlined for modern living, yet greatly influenced by 1940s Hollywood Regency design.  Standing on a solid wood base, the Ava Bamboo Table Lamp has a subtle crackle glaze and it's finished in a color that we call "tusk".  The socket is made of polished brass, and it features an upgraded brass socket and switch.






It makes a marvelous bedside lamp, or use a pair of these Ava lamps to flank a dining room credenza.





Since we designed this lamp and had it manufactured, can I talk about quality for a sec?  We're really proud of the materials that went into creating this piece!  It has a solid wood base, and polished brass fittings-- two upgraded design details that most retailers won't offer.  The ceramic body is extremely well made, and we think that the soft crackle glaze adds a little more interest than a flat finish would.  The price is extremely competitive too (well under $200.00 per lamp).


The Ava Table Lamp is just one of the custom lamps in our collection!  Come back tomorrow for another sneak peek at the new merchandise.


And as a sidenote: I was floored by all of your supportive comments yesterday.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I can't even tell you what your support means to me.  As you can imagine, creating our new shop was a major undertaking.  Years in the making.  Hearing such positive feedback (before we've even launched) was truly moving.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!  If I could reach through the computer and give you a hug, I would.


... 


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Anonymous said...

I saw this lamp on your post yesterday, and I loved it! A pair of them would be perfect for my dining room. I can't wait for the shop to open. :)

Thanks for sharing the sneak peek!

Sandy

Laurie said...

Fantastic products - counting the days until the shop opens! Best of luck.

Jennifer said...

really a great-looking, classic lamp Kelly!! so pumped to see the rest of your line!

Danielle said...

Love it Kelly! Congratulations on your new venture!!! Can't wait to see more.

Erika Machamer said...

Ooooh- these are delicious!

Studio Yuko Jones said...

LOVE it! Can't wait to see more tomorrow!
Yuko

Anonymous said...

Love it!!

Ashton said...

Wow, I just love these! Classic understated shape, I've really looking forward to ordering a pair of these.

Thanks for the reasonable point point too, it's really nice to find unique high-quality products that aren't outrageous. I'm really excited to see the rest of the line, congrats!

Susan said...

Kelly,
This is the lamp I want, I saw your photos on facebook yesterday. A must have for my living room. LOVE it!! You are so talented. :D Will you be doing any business to the trade?

Anonymous said...

I, too, immediately took notice of this lamp yesterday. A set would look great in our home. As much as I love vintage, it is nice to access great quality in new. I am looking forward to seeing more of your new shop!

Anonymous said...

How tall are these lamps? They are fabulous!

Allison said...

These lamps are stunning, just stunning. I live in a motorhome full time, these lamps are enough to make me buy a house, so I'd have somewhere to put them. Nice work!

Libby said...

Kelly: Congratulations indeed! Really nice... And I DO know what goes into this kind of thing... My business partner and I are launching our new import shop on November 7th!, Yes, what a lot of work...

6th Grade said...

wow, kelly, what a beautiful lamp! i'm thrilled for you and your husband about the grand opening of your "shop". what an undertaking! wishing you much success!

would love for you (in your "spare" time!!) to post about HOW one goes about designing and MANUFACTURING custom products!!

amy

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sandy & I love the new custom lamp, beautiful. Can't believe you designed them yourself, you rock!!
Can't wait for the new shop to open up. We're so proud of you Kelly & you are truely making your dreams come true. Congratulations to you & Dave.
Love ya & miss ya- Holly

Anonymous said...

Love this lamp! Is the shade navy or black?

burnham design said...

ok, kel, get ready for a TON of instant/space orders! not to mention accessory orders for BD. w e c a n " t w a i t ! ! !

Contractors Continuing Education said...

This is a really great custom made lamp! Real fab and definitely Hollywood. How much are these lamps?

Table Lamps said...

Nice Table Lamps, Amazing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...