Friday, August 13, 2010

Day Tripper

Washington Square Park

Yesterday, I took a day trip to New York City.  One of my dearest friends (of 18 years) will be attending Fordham next year to get his PhD, so we took the day to celebrate and do a little exploring. 

We spent most of the afternoon in the West Village, enjoyed cupcakes at the famous Magnolia Bakery, and strolled around Washington Square Park.  Afterwards, we ran up to ABC Carpet & Home to browse the eye candy, and we ended the day with a delicious dinner at Inside Park at St. Bart's (a yummy restaurant set within a converted church, right next to the Waldorf Astoria).  Like an idiot, I brought my camera without the memory card.  So, please enjoy these snapshots from my iPhone...

lovely gardens


The street lanterns at Washington Square Park are enormous and each one has a gold eagle at the top! 


Carrie Bradshaw's infamous steps...


ABC Carpet & Home, it's six floors of design bliss...


large brass pulls at the entrance of ABC Carpet & Home


LOVE the herringbone floors...


a Great Wall of China...


stunning glassware


textiles galore


the most precious baby section, complete with snuggling bears...


I love how everything was displayed...


a grouping of some seriously awesome quartz crystals.


more glass and quartz...


a knock-off Bertoia chair, painted in a metallic gold!


the most beautiful Madeline Weinrib Atelier...


Madeline ikat pillows...



gorgeous ikat rug


vintage rugs in gorgeous shades of raspberry and plum!

...


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Amanda Bevington said...

LOVE! You lead a fabulous life! Thanks for sharing your adventure!! Love the feet ; ) You need a shot of you skipping down the stairs at CB's apt :) Such a wonderful city!

RLG said...

Incredible. I'm planning my entire birthday weekend around seeing ABC for the first time (November). Did you buy anything??? Should I leave my Amex at home? xoxo

Kelly Robson said...

Thanks, Amanda! They had Carrie Bradshaw's steps chained off... I think that they get crazies like me taking pictures there everyday. :)

And, Renee, yes you might want to leave your Amex at home. Prices are THROUGH THE ROOF. Really. But, they do have some amazing things (lighting and textiles in particular)... I was captivated by the gorgeous glassware yesterday. So, maybe that too.

xx
Kelly

Boxcar Goods said...

Did you go to ABC's new restaurant ...it is gorgeous and so girly! I was just there Wednesday and loved it!

Lorajean said...

Love it~ I wish i could have tagged along! I am still recovering from the heart attack that great wall of china gave me! I love to collect white china and wall filled with it that was my bliss!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...