Monday, February 15, 2010

Belgian Influence


This 1744 Connecticut home, featured in the current issue of Lonny, has been redesigned with a Belgian influence.  Situated on 8.5 acres, this antique country house was a far departure from apartment living in New York City, the homeowners previous home.  Both are art directors in the advertising industry and they own their own design firm, Voth Barrall Design, which designed recent campaigns for Kravet and Lee Jofa.  It's no surprise that the fabric houses helped inspire them in their own home... couple that with a love for Belgian simplicity and you have a completely unique Connecticut farmhouse with modern European flair.













I have been thinking about those dueling hurricanes (on the living room coffee table) all weekend.  Must get myself a pair someday...

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love the hurricanes too. I definitely need a pair.

Jennifer said...

love this house! makes me want to pare down. been looking at hurricanes myself lately ...

Full House said...

that top picture stood out in my mind after reading Lonny. I want that fabric that is on the pillows...any clue?

Have a great day!

xx - Christina

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

OMG i love this home, everything my eyes lay on is just sensational! Thanks for showing it - haven't gotten round to reading the new Lonny yet, but i will now!

Southern Aspirations said...

This is gorgeous! Especially like the coat rack with the bench underneath.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...