Thursday, February 18, 2010

99 Cent Ikea Hack

I got a little crafty today. 

At Ikea last night I bought a round mouse pad for 99 cents.  Boring white.  And, really boring on my white desk.  So, I cut a scrap piece of fabric, grabbed my spray adhesive, and spiced it up a bit...

LAGIS mouse pad at Ikea


couldn't decide which fabric to use-- these are two of my all time favorites
(I ended up making both)


traced it out with pencil




cut it out and used spray adhesive on the back of the fabric
(didn't photograph that step, sorry)


And, my 99 cent mouse pad is just a bit cuter than before!





Degree of difficulty: about as easy and cheap as it gets.

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

The Single Nester said...

I love it! I pass those all the time at IKEA. No more after you blog post!

Catherine said...

Okay, I'm not crafty but I think I could manage that! What a great way to personalize your mouse pad. Trina

Anonymous said...

what are the details on the fabrics? love them both!

Amanda (CASABrasi) said...

So darn cute! I really like it!

Tina said...

This is super. And...why stop at using it as a mousepad? I think I'd cover a dozen of 'em in a coordinating palette of fabrics and hang on my wall as a piece of graphic art. In fact, I think I might just do this; thanks for the inspiration!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

What a great idea. I may have to copy!

Claudia Bravo said...

Simple and cheap! Two of my favorite things. Thanks for sharing.

Speaking of IKEA. What products do you enjoy most. From past post I'm definitely guessing storage. Do tell.

Destination Inspiration said...

it looks great against all the white, I love animal print

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

Wow, the simplest things are often the best right?! V. cool.

Fran said...

Fabulous and I love the fabric! This is a keeper. From what I can see, I also am loving your desktop!

katiedid said...

So glad I found you via the Betsy Burnham article in Lonny! And I have this same mousepad and it was definitely in need of some help. Thanks for the tip! I am going to do this right now.

Gina said...

Often the simplest ideas are the best. Now I know one use for my ever-growing stash of vintage fabrics. Thanks for sharing!

MB said...

That is a fanastic idea! Well done!

DolceDreams said...

Oh I love this, what a great idea and one of a kind to fit your space...I will do it today! You have a great blog, I came across it through Lonny Magazine and will be back...
have a great weekend,
Nathalie

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

look at that! so much fun! (and pretty desk...)

kelly

Unknown said...

cuteness!

The Goods Design said...

Adorable and easy! I'm going to dress up my plain jane mousepad asap!

Eclectic said...

I LOVE this idea! And I am totally going to steal it. I can never find a cute mouse pad and I like that you can achieve a one-of-a-kind look. BRAVO!

paula said...

how cute. i have one that I bought a while back from shims and sons and its starting to look grungy, may be time to recover.

ALXBGMZ said...

Where did you get the animal print fabric?

But I absolutely love this idea! Super cute! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...