Friday, July 17, 2009

Moravian Stars

Don't you love the twinkle of Moravian stars?











This one is from Circa Lighting.


I was a fan of the Moravian Star pendant lamp when I worked in Los Angeles, but after moving to the east coast, I am an even bigger fan. Nearby Bethlehem, Pennsylvania was founded by the Moravian Church... so, these stars are everywhere. On porches, up stairways, electrically lit on the front lawn. Everywhere.

But, I love 'em. Love Moravian stars in the winter with Christmas lights and love 'em in the summer with lightning bugs (I will like them here or there, I will like them anywhere!). This is what Bethlehem looks like around Christmas time (but, really, these people leave the stars up all year round). Aren't you jealous?







top image from Burnham Design

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Jamie said...

Bethlehem was settled by Moravians! Lots of Moravian history throughout the town and its sister towns as well.

Kelly Robson said...

I know! Don't you love it. In the winter, it feels like the inside world of a snow globe. :)

Sher said...

I have always loved Moravian star lights and always wanted to hang some in my front room. I love this blog.

jgarrett said...

I love those stars! I found some great, well-priced options here: http://lightingconnection.com/search?type=product&q=moravian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...