Thursday, July 9, 2009

Modern Wedding Photography



I am heading up to New York again this weekend for the country wedding of some close friends, and it seems that I have weddings on the brain! Since yesterday's post included some fabulous pictures of wedding decor, I felt inspired to revisit the website of the BEST photographer I know, Amanda Bevington. Based in Southern California (but her work takes her all around the world), she specializes in weddings and family photography (you really need to see her blog). Her photographs evoke a casual and candid feeling in an unexpected way, and seriously, everything looks prettier when she photographs it. She is amazing.









She will do engagement photos too...



I love how she can photograph a family and it never feels like a stiff, contrived family portrait; the photo is like a brief glimpse into their life at that moment. As I was browsing her blog yesterday, I came across this beautiful family photographed in their beautiful home.




Don't you love the Eames Rocker and the peace sign pillow in the baby's crib? When I saw this picture, I stopped dead in my tracks. Where can I get this amazing poster?



Anyone know?

Oh yeah, and we hired her for our wedding (almost 2 years ago!). I was more excited the day that Amanda agreed to photograph our wedding than the day I bought my dress. I still cannot believe that we got so lucky.

Here I am with my sexy husband!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

labonnefemme1 said...

gorgeous!

Kelly Robson said...

she is A-MA-ZING.

laura @ so alaurable said...

Found the poster by googling the quote...which I love!
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Love-Affair-Posters_i1813777_.htm

I'm not crazy about Andy Warhol staring back at me though...maybe I'll try a DIY version with just the quote.

RLG said...

This is such a ridiculous thing to ask, but I'm a true serial painter. Is it possible to find out what paint color is used in the photos of the little boy and Eames rocker??? LOVE it. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...