Thursday, June 25, 2009

I love you, Thom.



I love Thom Filicia. I think he is precious, and funny, and incredibly talented. He is from upstate New York, and I have a slight bias toward cute boys from that area (I married one). I DVR "Dress My Nest" and I know sometimes the rooms on that show turn out a little too "set designed" but truth be told, I think that Thom is part genius and I always find something about his work that makes me think, "Wow, would I have thought of that? Would I have thought to do that?"

This entry from Vogue Living takes my breath away...






I love how Thom's designs always seem to have a vintage influence... The accessories are eclectic, and I love his attention to scale and proportion.




This book is great. I think you'll like it.



Available HERE.


Here are some images from Thom's terrific apartment in New York, which has been featured, well, everywhere.


Table lamps on your dining table? I like it.

















I love this shot. Remember Kristan Cunningham's huge maritime canvas? When I saw that, I immediately thought of Thom's apartment. Super cool. And, don't you love the round jute rug?




He also has a (super chic) lake house which was featured in a later issue of my beloved Domino (RIP). Remember?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Anonymous said...

I heart Thom too. He's a genius at pairing eccentric elements. I love that his designs are never predictable. I agree --I'm not always loving the way the Dress My Nest rooms turn out, but it's fun to watch him pull things together. You hardly ever see a designer who can pull off such a range of styles.

Besides being a fabulous designer, he's just a ton of fun!

Sami Pat said...

I'm not really familiar with Thom's work but see some things I like. Just wondering, where is the cord to that table lamp on the dining room table. Someone's legs are going to have to deal with it, aren't they?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...