Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sensational Red

In design school they tell you that the color red increases enthusiasm and makes you feel more confident.  Red stimulates action, while at the same time making you feel protected and safe.  It is the color of love, and at the same time, it's the color of sin!  How can the color red make us feel so many things at once?!  Regardless of the psychology, I think red is a sensational color.  It seems to make everything more interesting...

 





























Be brave and paint something red!

Here are some of my top picks for red paint colors:
Benjamin Moore's "Chili Pepper"


Benjamin Moore's "Million Dollar Red"

Benjamin Moore's "Redstone"


Farrow & Ball "Blazer"




Fun fact: Did you know that Frank Lloyd Wright's signature color was red?





...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Danielle said...

Great post Kelly. I got burned out on red after I committed the stereotypical first-time homebuyer sin of painting a red accent wall. It was too intense. Drove me nuts and I quickly repainted. I avoided red after that but later realized it wasn't the color I disliked, it was my poor execution. Red is a tricky color to get right, but when you do, it rocks! Thanks for posting paint color suggestions. You may have just saved someone from making an unfortunate red misstep!

Libby said...

I used F&B Blazer in our front hall, and again in a small study in our old house. Nice white woodwork to go with it. Have to say: it was stunning!

Hilary said...

This may just be my favorite blog post if you have ever done! Give me a red door any day of the week- beautiful, bold, yet classic.

http://roseofstyle.blogspot.com/

JudyMac said...

My favorite is Benjamin Moore's Burnt Peanut Red. I painted a custom-made china cabinet in this color and antiqued it with charcoal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...