Monday, September 26, 2011

I Never Cared Before, But Now You've Got My Interest...

I'm talking about...  Missoni for Target.

We all know the ending to this story.  Missoni madness!  Sold out in one day!  And, I like Missoni.  But I didn't go crazy for the Missoni for Target line (unfortunately, I don't look very good in zig zag dresses).


But, wait.  It's more than zig zag dresses.


And, now I'm interested.  One week too late.


How did I miss this?  Just look at this fun suitcase:


(spotted at a Target store, far far away...  Indianapolis, to be exact)


It's not available on the Target website.  But, you can get one on Ebay!  Prices start around $250.00. 



Also, isn't this little tote the perfect companion?


also available on eBay



So, what's your Missoni story?  Did you grab something good before everything was gone?  Or, could you care less?   Did you buy this suitcase?  Do you like it?


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Erika Machamer said...

Do you prefer the black and white version or the brown/blue/coral version?

Kelly Robson said...

The black & white. Don't think I could commit to the multi-colored version, although it is cute. :)

xoxo
Kelly

MK said...

I bought the black/white version and a laptop sleeve, but haven't used either yet because both have 'lead' warnings: "Handling of the plastic used in this product may expose you to lead...Wash hands after use."

I keep waffling on whether or not to return them. What do you think? Is the Prop65 lead warning serious stuff?

Melinda x

Kelly Robson said...

Hmmm. Lead. Well don't chew on it, I guess. :)

It's a risk I'm willing to take.

xoxo
Kelly

kelleyp said...

hype utterly ridiculous. went to my target and there were 5 50 year old women trying baskets of clothes on in the middle of the accessories area! not pretty, have some self respect. there are fitting rooms for a reason! i got zip. only thing i was interested in was the throw.

Juniper and York said...

The site crashed all that morning. I finally got in, but I left my home decor haul (striped towels, bowls, vases) in my cart while called away at work...When I came back 15 minutes later, all was sold out and gone. Oops! I should have learned my lesson from my years of shopping at High Street Market....Buy it or lose it! :)

Kelly Krugh said...

Um, which Indianapolis?? I just moved here!

Liz H. said...

The Target in Springfield, PA still has the luggage...I had a hard time walking away from them tonight when I was running my errands!

Susan said...

There are lots of missoni for target items on amazon too. My online order worked and I'm very happy with the clothing I got for the price. Love Missoni.

The Cheese Thief said...

Hmm... I saw Missoni at my target in Southern CA. I have never heard of them, the items didn't look special. Maybe it looks great on? Or maybe I'm just not stylish enough.

caroline said...

Whenever there is a BIG hype, I always want to be part of the fun(?). So I did join in the craze, but like you I don't think I look good in crazy zig-zag patterns. I bought a good handful of things but they were not for me (for a friend who's currently out of state). I did really want the zig-zag quilted throw though. I think if I would have totally bought it if it was available. Oh and one those infinity scarves would have been nice too.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I didn't even know about all of this hooplah... until I read about it in blogland. But a best friend sent me a pair of the flats in the mail... so that was a fun surprise!

Emily said...

I don't get any of the Missoni love...the real deal or for Target. I think it's soooo ugly! I even blogged about how ugly I think it is. That said, someone out there obviously loves it because it sold out very very quickly. I bought a few items at my local store and made about $100 on ebay. Everything I didn't sell, I returned. I just don't get it! There are so many other designs I would rather have than zigzags!

Holly Gruszka said...

I saw a woman with a cart full of Missoni at the Target in Conshohocken. It was a bit much but maybe she was buying for friends or family. Still, it was a lot of Missoni in one cart.

Dina @ Honey + Fitz said...

so funny...i bought a jacket, a pair of flats, 2 tights and THAT SUITCASE! i returned the jacket, the shoes are backordered indefinitely it seems so i'm left with just my tights and fun suitcase. it's pretty nice quality if you can get your hands on it. i've been tempted to sell mine on ebay but it's just too cute to part with!

Allison Egan said...

I love all the Missoni accessories for the home I am seeing! I sadly did not get to buy any pieces- I live in Singapore now. but I do think that suitcase is great - and you would never get it confused with the other luggage!
xo Allison
Spicer + Bank
www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

Cate said...

I got a ceramic tray, a throw pillow, two baby outfits (for my preggers sis), and a dress. The dress was too big, so it's going back. I had my heart set on the throw, but after 4 Targets I gave up. Saw the black and white carry-on and was tempted, but passed. Not to offend anyone, but I was kinda grossed out by the people who bought everything up and then sold them for profit on ebay. Leave it to those who really love it!

Anonymous said...

Trust me, a suitcase with any white on it whatsoever gets disgusting fast. You are better off without it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...