Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tori Mellott's Tiny Apartment


Tori Mellott, the former Decor Editor for our beloved Domino Magazine, has one kick ass apartment. Sorry, but she does. This beauty was featured in the September, 2008 issue. And, the kicker? It's only 450 square feet!





Recognize this office? This was in Tori's previous apartment... you might spot that large silhouette wall hanging in her new living room!



Read an article HERE from Apartment Therapy. Tori shares her tips on how to make a small space feel bigger!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Elizabeth said...

I have a question, I'm currently in the process of moving and I really need some (read: a lot) of help/inspiration/advice. Most of the interior design magazines I've picked up have been way over my head, your blog has been a great source of inspiration but are there any other magazines you could recommend?

Kelly Robson said...

Hi Elizabeth! Oh jeesh, that is a tough one. Sadly, most of my favorites have died (Domino, Cottage Living, etc.). If I were you, I would pick up House Beautiful and Elle Decor Magazine. Also, try some international ones: Canadian House & Home, British Homes & Gardens, and Vogue Living Australia. The Domino Book of Decorating is GREAT and I LOVE Thom Felicia's book, Style. Both (in my opinion) are good sources for inspiration. Hollywood Style is another favorite book of mine...

And, last but not least, check the hundreds of design blogs. I know this is not news to you (you have a TERRIFIC blog by the way!). Design blogs are free and easy. Sometimes, I just run through links on the right side of other blogs... you can find some great inspiration there.

Hope this helps! And, congrats on the new place!!!

xx
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I have always loved this apartment and save the pictures in the event I am crammed into a tiny apartment one day. so inspirational!

Elizabeth said...

Great list, thanks! I can't wait to start browsing!

Amy said...

Great apartment. I love the pictures over the sofa and the striped paper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...