Friday, August 28, 2009

Federalist Details


I'm just a girl from Southern California. I grew up admiring mid-century ranchers, Spanish-style haciendas, and craftsman bungalows. All beautiful and architecturally significant, yes. But, the oldest building in our area was from the 1930s... So now, having moved to historic Pennsylvania, I sort of feel like a wide-eyed kid (and don't even get me started on the winters).


So, Philadelphia really was the center of the Revolutionary movement, right? We all sort of know this. Symbols of the Federalist Era include eagles and snakes, dentil moulding and pediments... custom built-ins, brass fittings and hardware. I like it all. So, I must be adjusting well.


Vintage iron eagle available in the shop... it's 23" wide and totally awesome in person.






...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Jennifer said...

these are my ideal ... just lovely!

Elizabeth said...

i'm originally a Nor Cal girl who also moved to PA (4 years ago), I still haven't become acclimated to 10 degree temps and 5 inches of snow . . .

Kelly Robson said...

I don't know if I will ever get used to the winter! Remember when 60 degrees was cold? ;)

bryn alexandra said...

I've told you before but I just love your blog so much - I featured it on mine today.

Amy said...

I love the federalist door! I think I take them for granted a bit up here in New England (we have such a mix) but they really are so well balanced.

fric and frac said...

I just bought an eagle like this at a flea market for an unbelievable $3 over the summer-I love it! It was one of my favorite finds of the summer! Looks super cute mixed in a grouping with other pictures. I wish I had a super cute yellow door to put it on like the one in the picture! So beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...