Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Busy Week

Lots of things are happening this week.  Here are a few images from my desktop right now...


One of my clients is having her entire apartment painted this week.  I dropped by yesterday to check on the progress.  As you can see, we did our homework beforehand... making sure we settled on the perfect shade.  Can't wait to see the finished product.



I drew this custom roman shade for another wonderful local client this week-- you can do so much with simple grosgrain ribbon.  ;)




part of a bedroom re-design for another Philadelphia client-- we're switching up some furniture in her master bedroom.  I love the tension between a classic Louis chair and a rustic wood dresser.





I found this 1960s faux bamboo armoire at an antique shop this week, and now IT'S ALL MINE.  We'll have it painted, and we'll eventually put it in a guest room.  My mind is already spinning with color options (glossy black? white? what color will I paint the interior?).  Very excited about this guy.



also, Dave and I are filing all the necessary paperwork to obtain a building permit this week.  We've saved our pennies(!!!) and we're ready to build that carriage house.  I'll be sharing more info on this huge project within the weeks to come.



Also...



I'm planning my sister's baby shower and I picked up the invitations from the printer this week.  My mother and I are hosting the party, and we're really excited about it.  Think 1960s Florida/Lilly Pulitzer.  Lots of bright flowers and lady-like details.  On the left is the invitation I designed for the event.  The image on the right is also adorable-- I want to copy those super tall skewer flags.  Simple and sweet.



And finally...

On Sunday, Dave and I stopped by my favorite bakery in the history of the world.  We picked up some treats for the week.  Freshly baked, cheesy artisan bread.  Need I say more?


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Jerith @ Bailey Fox Interiors said...

I love your armoire and I can't wait to see what you do with it. I recently moved from a condo with large bedrooms to a home with small bedrooms so I need more closet-type storage. I just picked up a similar one, without the bamboo detailing, on Craigslist. Mine needs a paint job too and it currently has fabric inserts on the doors. We should compare notes after we redo them!

Anonymous said...

I love your armoire. I just painted a dresser with annie sloan chalk paint in french linen. It was pretty easy and no strip or sanding.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Oh I love that armoire! So many possibilities with it. Your carriage house plans sound divine. Yay for big projects!

Kate said...

Auntie Kel, you are over the top! Can't wait to see photos of the shower! The armoire too... but I'm really pumped about your sister's shower. The invitations are perfection, of course.

xo, k

misshelly said...

I'm seeing a glossy kelly green on that armoire and maybe some fun stripped wallpaper for the inside??

I would just lay down and die right there if I found an armoire like that near me. Loving it!! Great find, I cannot wait to see what you do with it!

Congrats on getting some dough together for your carriage house! I did it backwards, the house we bought needed so much work but the carriage house was in great shape so we've been living in our carriage house and saving up/working on our house a little at a time. Yay for new projects!!

Holly Gruszka said...

That is very exciting about your carriage house. The armoire is such a great find. I'd love to know some of your favorite antique stores and markets in the Philadelphia area, but I think you also did a post on this not long ago. And the invite for your sister's shower is so cute - what a fun inspiration.

Fiona said...

The armoire is quite a score. Love it! Everything in this post was basically beautiful. Love those chairs in your client's bedroom! They are timeless.

{plum} said...

um, helllloooo ABC. Known to me as the ONLY baker in town. I was just there yesterday picking up my latest crazy request. Dennis and Rebecca answer every call and I adore them, and their AMAZING bread.

I'm so happy you've found this local gem. Insider tip: get ready for al fresco dining and an herb garden..... I learned of it yesterday.

so perfect!

best - d.

amanda bevington said...

You NEVER cease to amaze me!!! I am so excited about all!! Esp the carriage house, armoire and esp Alyssa's shower!!!! Wish I were there to photograph every sweet detail! I'm sure it will be perfect! Can't wait to see pics! xoxo, A

Unknown said...

Please keep us posted on your armoire makeover! I have a similar piece that is also awaiting big changes...my mind's been spinning over what color combo to choose too. I've even thought of wallpapering the inside back...would love to see what you do!

bentley said...

I think you should paint the interior of that beautiful bamboo cabinet either red or turquoise! what a great fine. hope you are well!

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled upon your blog today and I'm loving it! Then I saw your picture from Alice and I determined we MUST be neighbors! That is my favorite bakery. How did I not know about your blog sooner?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...