Monday, February 13, 2012

Sometimes, We Need A Little Leopard


I love using animal print in controlled doses.  Think of it as a "neutral" ... and honestly, there's nothing quite like it.  A healthy dose of animal print fabric can really kick things up a notch.   You should try it sometime.  This winning "neutral" works with everything.  Start with a pillow, or an upholstered ottoman...  or, maybe even a rug!

I'm partial to leopard at the moment (especially after finding those amazing Jean-Michel Frank chairs for a client of mine).  Sometimes, we just need a little leopard...
























And speaking of leopard rugs, I recently found this abstract version at RugStudio.com and I'm loving it...







I have one rule of thumb when it comes to animal print:

Try to select animal print in the color that it exists on the animal.  There are some exceptions to this rule, of course.  Kids rooms are exempt.  And, there are a few designer fabrics that do "blue zebra print" quite well.  But, if you're unsure?  Stick with the way that nature made it.  You can't really go wrong with that.



...








No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Wonderful Life! said...

I totally agree! I just had a victorian chair recovered for a client and used it in a foyer! LOVE it!

Tobe | BIA said...

YES! I have been eyeballing that rug for a month now....Just can't decide which room it will live in (and therefore the size needed), but I intend for it to head my way soon! ox

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I love a touch a leopard in fashion an interiors!

Holly Gruszka said...

A big yes to leopard, but in small doses for me. That bedroom by Burnham Designs with the leopard bolster is just simply beautiful.

bentley said...

love me some leopard. i have antelope running up my stairs and it make me happy every time i run up or down them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...