Friday, January 8, 2010

A Snowy Morning



It snowed last night, so this morning, I decided to take a quick walk and enjoy the scenery.  Let me just say that I would never decide to do this, but there was absolutely NO WIND this morning and the sun was shining.  And, since we won't be living here much longer, I thought a walk sounded good.

The picture above is the large pond near our house (remember what it looked like in the Fall?).  Most of it is frozen, and covered in snow.  There is a smaller pond around the corner that some kids use as an ice skating pond (as a Southern California girl, this scares me!  I envision George Bailey jumping into the freezing water to save his brother...  but, these East Coasters have more confidence than me).





...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Amanda Bevington said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that you shot your feet where you were. That's one of my personal faves (as you know : )
It looks like a winter wonderland!!! Lucky girl! xo, A

Catherine said...

Being a Southern California girl myself, I feel the same way about ice skating on ponds! Whenever I've been brave enough to do it, I always stick clear to the sides! Of course, Mike was raised in Wisconsin so he skates clear out in the middle! xoTrina

RAENOVATE said...

the snow was perfect this morning. by the way, i voted for you over at the poppies! http://poppytalk.blogspot.com/2010/01/favourite-vintage-shop.html

Hissyfits & Halos said...

Great pictures, especially your tootsies! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...