Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring In My Step


Now that I live on the east coast, one of the things I love most is experiencing SEASONS.  And, even though I really dislike the frigid, paralyzing chill of winter (this winter was particularly horrendous, am I right?), I am reminded that without winter we would not have spring.  And spring is the most delightful of seasons.  With spring, we only have the summer and fall to look forward to!  Such a happy time.  And the east coast "spring fever" is contagious-- everyone is smiling when the temperatures soar above 60 degrees, bulbs start popping out of the ground and the sun is shining.  I'm serious, everywhere you go, people are happier and nicer to each other ("Hello, how are you?" "Oh, let me get that door for you!" "Have a great day! The sun is shining!").  Even the most grouchy east coaster turn into the sweetest person in the springtime.  It's my favorite time of year!  :)

daffodils in my kitchen ($2.00 a bunch, thank you)


evening walks in the park with Dave and William look like this


The garden outside our High Street Market office door-- soon, there will be tulips everywhere!  The best!



This is our first spring with a little baby in the house.  So, that is different.  Everything is a bit more exciting.  William is growing so fast, I wish I could freeze time.  Here he is at a recent doctors appointment, looking svelte on the exam table...


weighing in at almost 20 pounds, this kid.


And, with the warmer temperatures, I am feeling more inspired to get working in the yard again.  I recently purchased this landscaping book (mostly because the cover is stunning, but the content of the book is also excellent)...


Take a look at the inside...




Our backyard is mostly a disaster.  So, we have our work cut out for us.  This book will provide lots of inspiration, I think.  :)


Happy Spring, everyone!



xx
Kelly

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Anne {Almost Home} said...

Ah! Seasons!! You have articulated exactly why life in northern CA will never quite feel like home to me! I am a Virginia gal, and I really miss the rhythm of the seasons. I love the way in which they help mark the passing of time like nothing else can. Spring-like temps are nothing new out here, but I know you are relishing them in Philly!!

Katy Byrne said...

Stop it with your $2 flowers. So pretty! We need a landscaper pronto

www.designsbykaty.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...