Thursday, March 13, 2014

Client Project Sneak Peek

Today, I thought I would share a little sneak peek/"before & after" of one of my Philadelphia design projects.  I've been working with this family for a couple of years now, slowly transforming individual rooms in their home.  I truly LOVE working with them-- they have great taste.  And, seeing the spaces transform has been such a delight.  A few weeks ago, I snapped a couple of Instagram pictures with my phone (follow me @kellyrobson).  When I got back to my office, I pulled up the "before" shots, and thought the comparison was sort of fun.  :)  Here's a little sneak peek...


This hallway was completely transformed with the addition of wainscoting, new baseboards, and crown moulding.  A fresh coat of white paint brightened everything up, and by painting the coat closet doors a glossy black, we created a dramatic focal point.  The lantern is available through High Street Market- click here.


 This dining room is one of my favorite rooms.  Again, trim changes EVERYTHING.  We wallpapered the upper walls with a tailored grasscloth, added wall sconces for additional lighting, and painted the ceiling a pale shade of blue/grey (Farrow & Ball "Skylight").  My client says that the blue/grey color changes with the sunlight throughout the day-- how lovely is that?!



This year, we continue to move forward with the interior design of this gorgeous home (next up, a completely redesigned mudroom, as well as a new master bedroom).  I'm excited to share the transformation as we go.  But, by focusing on the architectural details (like wainscoting trim, crown moulding ,etc) you frame everything else in the space more beautifully.  And, it's amazing what a simple can of paint can do!


...


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

inspiredyetagain said...

Looks really great. What a fabulous transformation taking that old archway out has made. Looks like a completely different space. Great job!

Lori said...

Beautiful work Kelly! You're so right, giving the rooms great bones lends so much gravitas. Just makes the rest of your details that much more elegant.

Safin said...

Great insight. I feel like I'm more prepared
then most and continue to be freaked out daily.
No matter how much I prepare I know that there is so much more to do. Good luck up in Canada and God's speed.
Lovely Read!

http://Breastcancer.blogspot.com/

Libby said...

Crown molding makes such a difference, and it's so often overlooked. I love what you have done here!

collicat said...

The trim and moldings make such a huge difference. Would you be willing to share the paint color of the hallway?

tin tuc 24h said...

Beautiful work

bao bong da said...

Beautiful work

European Petals said...

1 can of point can change the whole room for sure!!!!


Proud florist of New Jersey, USA.

www.europeanpetals.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...