Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!




 
Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends!
 
I hope you have a wonderful time with your family friends on this special holiday.  Like I said earlier this week, I'm bringing the Thanksgiving centerpiece to my mother in law's home today.  This was my inspiration image...
 
 
 
SO, last night, I went out to buy supplies.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute!  First stop: Whole Foods (where I found the last decent heirloom pumpkin).  Cross that off the list.  Next up, flowers.  I really wanted something bright and white, and somewhat ethereal.  My dear friend Kate (who is gardening/floral/vegetable growing genius) suggested that I incorporate green amaranthus.  Such a great idea.  And oh, how I wish I could!  That would be beautiful.  But, waiting til the last minute means that I will be limited to whatever I can find at Trader Joe's.  :)
 
So, that's what I did.  I went to Trader Joe's and bought three white hydrangea stems, white alstroemeria, and red hypericum.  Done.
 

 
I carved and gutted the heirloom pumpkin.  Soaked the floral foam in water until it was good and saturated.  Then, I cut the floral foam into a cylinder shape to fit into my clear plastic insert (I bought this one at the craft store, but you could use any glass bowl you have in the kitchen that will fit the pumpkin).
 
 
Then, clip flowers and stick 'em into the floral foam.  Easy.
 
 
 
It turned out to be nothing like my inspiration image, but that's okay.  :)
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving! 
 
 
 
...
 
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...