Monday, November 19, 2012

Fine Dining

It's Thanksgiving week!  And many of us are thinking about cooking turkeys, and when to start prepping the side dishes.  We'll be ironing linen napkins and tablecloths, polishing silver, and adding a leaf to the dining table.  It's a special holiday!  Let's bring out the best china. 
 
 
 




























 
 
We'll be heading to upstate New York this week to have Thanksgiving dinner at my mother-in-law's home.  I'll be bringing dessert (carrot cake, pumpkin pie, and apple tarts), and breakfast for the next morning.  I'll also bring a floral centerpiece for the Thanksgiving table.  This year, I'm thinking of making something that feels fresh and classic, without the expected orange and red mums.  Something like this inspiration picture...
 
 
(I'll replace white tulips with either white hydrangea or white roses, but I think the feel of the piece will stay the same.)
 
 
...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Kate said...

Love this arrangement, Kelly! And I totally agree with replacing the tulips. They're sooo random for fall! Anyway, you're right to replace them. I vote for white roses and maybe add some interesting texture that will drape over the edge of the pumpkin to achieve the same airy, organic shape. Green amaranthus would be beautiful! White anemone is also a nice alternative to roses. Love it! Love you!

xo, k

Kelly Robson said...

Thanks, Kate!! You're the expert! :) I will def check for amaranthus. I would LOVE Anemone, but not sure if I can find it. Fingers crossed.

xoxo
Kelly

Kate said...

Kelly, you're so funny. I'm not an expert... just a total plant nut. :) If you can't find anemone, check for lisianthus. I LOOOOVE that stuff!

kellyb said...

FYI: I saw you in the December Southern Living, A Very Southern Christmas, on page 128. Your brass letter openers are listed in their gift guide!

Elnora Hartwick said...

All those pictures have shown an ideal setting for fine dining! They showcased sophistication, and you can instantly feel the graceful ambience being exuded. I can only imagine eating in one of these places feeling so grandiose and refined. :’>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...