Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Artist, Allie Snyder



I recently discovered the oil paintings of east coast artist, Allie Snyder, and I'm loving her work.  Her gorgeous studio is located in a converted barn in Southern Maryland, along the Potomac River, and her natural surroundings inspire her to paint.  I love to imagine how she spends all her time in this idyllic setting, perched in a light-filled barn loft, painting glimpses from the natural scenes around her.  It seems like such a peaceful place.  And, each one of Allie's paintings feature soft subtle hues that can only be drawn from nature itself (I personally love the abstract landscapes).  Here are some images from Allie's studio:






Allie Snyder




Her passion has fueled a growing business and blog called Amaryllis Truth where she writes about country living and sells her oil paintings.  Here is Allie at a recent gallery showing (how adorable is she?):





Bookmark her store.  She updates it regularly with new work, and if you're looking for that perfect piece, you might just want to check here first.  Here are some of my favorite pieces that Allie has available right now:










Looking for something more specific, or a painting of a certain size?  Allie also does commissioned pieces.   Contact her for more info.



...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Karen said...

Thank you for this post-- this is just what I was looking for. And I love supporting a passionate artist, as opposed to buying something from a larger studio! Bookmarking her store now.

Gina said...

Thank you for sharing. Her work is beautiful! I'd love to put one of her pieces in my office or home. I'm checking her store out now!

Shauna said...

What beautiful pieces! The colors are so calming, I would even consider using them for a nursery.

Craig said...

Wow, beautiful art! What a great way to bring the peace of nature into my hectic New York City life. Precious!

Lauren said...

Her cloud work is beautiful. I'll be sharing her work with my husband. ;)

Amber said...

gorgeous! my husband grew up in southern Maryland, across the Potomac from Mt. Vernon. It's a spectacular view, and lets your imagination take you back a few centuries. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...