Monday, November 7, 2011

Husband & Wife Team: Kate & Andy Spade

We interrupt our regularly scheduled broadcast...    I feel like saying that after two SOLID weeks of product sneak peeks!  But, anyway.  While we work on perfecting the new online shop (there's so much to do!), let's talk about something different.  Just for a sec. 

So, have you seen the new Matchbook Magazine?  Those Matchbook girls have got it going on.  I mean it!  They're really paving their own way in this world of digital magazines.  Creating their own niche, and I love it.  Their current issue is full of interesting articles, fashion tips, and gift guides.  But, my favorite feature was the interview with husband and wife team, Kate & Andy Spade.  As someone who works with their spouse, I'm always fascinated by other couples that make it work.  It's really an interesting dynamic, and Kate & Andy Spade are true entrepreneurs.





Of course, their home is stunning.  And, their story is just as interesting.  Did you know that they met in college?  Or, that they started the company with no money at all?  Kate & Andy took pride in the fact that they only hired people that were talented and nice.  And once you joined the Kate Space team, you were given a copy of Emily Post's Etiquette.  It's sort of fascinating, isn't it?


Anyway, go read the article if you get a moment.









I'm also obsessed with the upholstery on this bench.  I'm stealing this idea.






So, the next time you hear from me, I'll be announcing the OPENING of our new store.  Can you believe it?  I can't.



Happy Monday!



...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Erika Machamer said...

So excited for you!

And I love the idea of having two requirements for hire: talented and nice - wow. Brilliant.

Best wishes to you and hubs - it's going to be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your store after all these sneak peeks, and thanks for the pics from Matchbook - I keep meaning to sit down and read it and this has definately given me some encouragement to find the time!

Alex said...

that article was amazing! so inspiring. I can't wait for your shop to open up I'm so excited!!

Anonymous said...

I hate to burst your bubble about these two, but Andy is gay, Kate is his "beard", they both come from money and Kate was the accessories editor for Mademoiselle magazine before she made her handbags and she had a ton of connections. So ... they didn't just start making handbags on some sewing machine in a garage somewhere with "no money" as you say. They were "connected" to begin with.

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to see when the new store is opening? I've been coming back often looking for the announcement! I know it's going to be fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...