Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Boots


My mom is my style guru.  I'm (almost) 30, and she's (almost) 60, and I turn to her for nearly all of my fashion advice (Once, when shopping by myself, I emailed her an iphone picture of clothes in the dressing room-- "What should I buy, Mom?"  and she would text me back.  She's that good, and I'm that dependant). 



So, when she emailed me a link to these boots a few weeks ago, my heart skipped a beat.  When they arrived on my doorstep, I immediately put them on...  and I've been wearing them ever since.  In fact, I've already ordered two more pairs: one in black, and another pair in "brandy" (for next winter... a girl can't be too prepared).  They're cute, aren't they?  They're also on SALE in a major way (less than $150.00).

*Side note:  there isn't a tall boot on the planet that fits my freakishly large calves.  Really.  I've been excluded from every winter look: boots + skinny jeans, boots + pencil skirt, boots + tights & dresses.  It's so sad.  But, these boots fit me.  It's a Christmas miracle.  They're completely adjustable on one side, and they zip up on the other.  I finally feel like I fit in with the stylish girls.  I have tall boots now!!!  Look at me!


So, if you also suffer from this disorder, go get yourself a pair already. 


xoxo
Kelly


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Marisa David said...

I'm with ya Kelly!! I have huge calves and they won't fit in most adorable boots. These are super cute and look like they even have a bit of a heel. I'll have to check them out in black :)

Ahna Childress said...

THOSE ARE SO CUTE!!! Ive been searching for a couple of months for the perfect boot...just ordered a pair of Fryes, but if they dont fit I am so getting this! Big calves too ;)

Kelly Robson said...

Marisa and Ahna-- you must buy these! Not only are they comfy, and cute, but the leather is super luxurious. And, they have a small heel! I've worn them to every single client meeting this week. :)

xoxo
Kelly

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

You crack me up. My sister is that person I text dressing room photos to.

Love the heel height of this boot. Think I need them!

Lauren | Seventeenth & Irving said...

I have the SAME problem with boots fitting my calves! These are adorable!

Nichole@40daysof said...

If my freakishly large calves were not a part of my freakishly short legs, I'd be all over those boots! ;)

kelleyp said...

glad i'm not alone with the large calf issue! love the look of skinnys with tall boots but cannot fit both my lower leg and jeans into a boot. will go order. thanks for the tip
also just sourced out your bamboo lamp for client!
love it
Kelley

Dina @ Honey + Fitz said...

I COMPLETELY share in your plight for tall boots that fit big calves. I did a whole post on it a few months back when I was searching for a black pair. I landed on a pair of Fryes which I love.

http://honeyandfitz.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-quest-for-perfect-black-riding-boot.html#axzz1evvbISgL

I will definitely check out this pair though...like you said, a girl can't be too prepared!

Libby said...

Kelly: I'm on the other end here... being the mother in the duo...but have SUCH fun texting pictures from dressing rooms! My daugher and I love shopping together, or now separately via texting and iphone, and really do help each other with style! so much fun being mother/daughter!

Shannon said...

GORGEOUS!

I love those boots! I want to borrow your mom! Can she dress me too - please?

(I have slim calves, and most boots bag out for me...opposite problem ...ummmm I don't have slim thighs though - sucks)

A Pearl In The Making said...

Thank you so much for sharing this Kelly. I just moved back to the NE and am needing boots, but can never find ones with a large enough boot shaft. Could you tell me if the sizing was true to size or if I would want to go up a half size for comfy socks. Thanks.

MK said...

This post gave me the giggles! And what a great find, too.

I've been in the same quandary and thought the 'Wedge Stretch Boots' from Boden might work for my 'athletic calves'. I finally ordered them and they are amazing! Bought a second pair in dark grey, too. :)

Melinda x

The Cheese Thief said...

I love those boots. I'm gonna get them!

The Vintique Object said...

Less that $150 AND fitting the large calf disordered person? Excellent.
Camille

Jillian and Mindy said...

Thank you so much for posting about these boots! I bookmarked your post knowing it would come in handy some day and sure enough, my existing boots broke and I needed new boots fast! Luckily I knew just where to look :) These fit so well! Thank you for the great recommendation. Love your blog!!!

Cobly Ostrow said...

I have finally discovered an outlet for Wide calf boots and oh the joy. I now have two lovely pairs on constant rotation. It's nice to have what everyone else has !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...